Today VMware announced its strategy for delivering a secure digital workspace, along with several major updates to the VMware End-User Computing portfolio. This has the potential to make a tremendous, positive impact on customers and the end-user computing industry.
VMware is leading the industry in delivering a secure digital workspace that can give IT a more efficient, simplified way of managing users, devices and applications. This digital workspace can provide end users with a consumer-simple way to seamlessly access all business resources, regardless of device type, and provide line of business a secure and powerful platform on which to build and rebuild business processes that enable a more effective mobile workforce to compete in the market.
Updates to the VMware End-User Computing product portfolio include:
- VMware Workspace ONE – A brand new solution that delivers secure digital workspaces for flexible work styles and bring your own device (BYOD). Using the principles of ‘consumer simple’ and ‘enterprise secure,’ the digital workspace delivered by VMware will address the end user and enterprise IT business mobility needs by aggregating all devices, applications, and services while securely managing them through unified common access and identity.
- VMware Horizon 7 – Major advancements in the latest version make the solution the industry’s fastest, easiest, and most affordable application and desktop delivery solution available.
- New Capability in Horizon Air – A new hybrid-mode capability will be available in VMware Horizon Air to provide customers with a single, cloud control plane for delivering and managing on-premises virtual applications and desktops on hyper-converged infrastructure (HCI) or VMware Virtual SAN ready-nodes.
In the video below, Sumit Dhawan, senior vice president and general manager of desktop products in the End-User Computing group at VMware, introduces the VMware definition and approach to digital workspaces and how VMware solutions can help customers deliver the digital workspace environment to end users.
For more information on this exciting news, visit the links below.
- For information about VMware Workspace ONE, read the press release here.
- For information about VMware Horizon 7 and VMware Horizon Air with Hybrid-mode, read the press release here.
- Read a blog post by Kevin Strohmeyer, senior director, product marketing, workspace services, End-User Computing, VMware on VMware Workspace ONE.
- Read a blog post by Tony Paikeday, senior product line manager, End-User Computing, VMware on VMware Horizon 7.
- Read a blog post by Josue Fontanez, senior product line manager, End-User Computing, VMware on VMware Horizon Air.
- Read a blog post by Harry Labana, vice president of products, End-User Computing, VMware on VMware App Volumes 3.0.
- Visit the online press kit for additional resources.
There’s more news coming tomorrow. Learn more live with VMware CEO Pat Gelsinger and EVP, Software-Defined Data Center Division, Raghu Raghuram. The event, “Build and Manage Your Hybrid Cloud,” will begin at 8:30 AM PT. Register now.