VMware vCenter Site Recovery Manager 4.0 Performance and Best Practices for Performance
Nov 20, 2009
The goal of this white paper is to provide you with Site Recovery Manager performance data and recommendations so that you can architect an efficient recovery plan that minimizes the downtime for your environment.
This white paper addresses various dimensions on which the recovery time depends:
- Recoveries with iSCSI, FC, and NFS storage
- Number of virtual machines and protection groups associated with a recovery plan
- Virtual machine to protection group relation
- Recovery site performance in a cluster with DPM and DRS
- Configuration of various recovery plan parameters
- Priority assignment of virtual machines in the recovery plan
- High latency network between protected and recovery sites
Furthermore, best practices are suggested in applicable areas so that you can optimize the recovery time using Site Recovery Manager.