IT Solutions for Transforming Government
Begin a New Era in Government IT
VMware solutions are transforming government IT departments into efficient, flexible enterprises that can respond faster to business and mission requirements, while reducing IT infrastructure and operating costs and improving security. With our virtualization, mobility and cloud solutions, government customers are able to:
- Reduce capital costs by decreasing the physical footprint of IT and leveraging existing investments in applications and infrastructure.
- Improve application availability and performance while running in the cloud, on-premises or both.
- Drive higher service and performance levels through automation.
Enterprise-Class Hybrid Cloud Service for Government
VMware vCloud Government Service is an enterprise-class hybrid cloud service, offering US federal government agencies the freedom to run new and existing applications in the cloud with the assurance of FedRAMP security standards.
Cloud computing is helping government contain costs by sharing services and infrastructure and improving flexibility. By leveraging services that are FedRAMP certified agencies can confidently extend mission critical workloads to the cloud.
Improve Service with Virtualization
IT consolidation, shared services and virtualizing data centers have yielded significant savings for many government agencies while providing increased management, security and operational efficiencies. Moving to virtual desktops and applications has similarly allowed IT organizations to streamline management, improve end-user services and significantly reduce operational expenses. Avoid the pitfalls of over-investment or under-investment in IT while protecting your legacy IT investments. Rely on VMware virtualization solutions to:
- Reduce data center and capital costs by as much as 60 percent.
- Cut the operating expenses around your end-user computing environment by up to 50 percent.
- Reduce time spent on routine administrative tasks by about a third.
- Reduce power, cooling and real estate needs to cut energy costs by up to 80 percent.
Operate More Efficiently and Respond to Changes Faster
Caught between shrinking budgets and a growing need for services, government IT departments need a more flexible and cost-effective model for computing—one that allows them to operate much more efficiently and respond faster to mission and business requirements.