Performance and Reliability
- Multiple simultaneous conversions enable large-scale virtualization implementations.
- Quiescing and snapshotting of the guest operating system on the source machine before migrating the data ensures conversion reliability.
- Hot cloning makes conversions non-disruptive, with no source server downtime or reboot.
- Sector-based copying enhances cloning and conversion speed.
- Support for cold cloning (conversion that requires server downtime and reboot) is available, in addition to hot cloning.
- Centralized management console allows users to queue up and monitor multiple simultaneous remote, as well as local, conversions.
- Easy-to-use wizards minimize the number of steps to conversion.
- Support for both local and remote cloning enables conversions in remote locations such as branch offices.
vCenter Converter supports many source physical machines, including Windows XP, Windows 2003, Windows Server and Linux. It also supports third-party disk images from Microsoft Hyper-V, Virtual Server and Virtual PC; Parallels Desktop; Symantec System Recovery; Norton Ghost; Acronis and StorageCraft.