Today's business applications are becoming increasingly web-oriented, data-intensive, and dynamic in nature and are more likely to be deployed to run on virtual environments. The infrastructure to support those applications is evolving as well. VMware vFabric™ is the next generation Suite designed to run business critical and Web applications in virtual and cloud environments.
Leverage the VMware vFabric Suite to:
- Build new or modernize existing applications with an application platform ideally suited for virtual infrastructures and used by more than 2 million Java users today
- Harness the data explosion to competitive advantage and eliminate database bottlenecks to create truly cloud-scale applications
Solve Your Company’s Toughest Data Management Challenges
New application types and topologies along with exponential data growth are putting a strain on the RDBMS database-only approach to data management. The move to cloud-era applications and virtualized infrastructure are introducing the need for:
- Ultra-low latency / scalability of the data tier to deliver on customer expectations
- Real-time analytics of very large amounts of data for decision making
- Non-relational data types to enable developer flexibility and agility
- Self-service deployment and operations of databases to reduce database sprawl and accelerate application development cycles
VMware offers two products to address these needs:
VMware vFabric GemFire and vFabric SQLFire - memory-optimized, distributed data management systems that deliver dynamic scalability and very high performance for data-intensive modern applications. vFabric GemFire is an object store which you write to in Java or C#, while SQLFire provides a standard SQL interface.
VMware vFabric Data Director - leverage vSphere to automate database deployment and operations. vFabric Data Director enables database-as-a-service in your cloud to drastically reduce TCO, database sprawl, and accelerate application development cycles. The first database supported on Data Director is VMware vFabric Postgres 9.0 (vPostgres), a new offering from VMware based on and fully compatible with PostgreSQL.