Enabling Your End-to-End Virtualization Solution
HP, provider of the leading Converged Infrastructure IT platform for virtualized environments, together with market leader VMware, are delivering a complete portfolio of integrated solutions spanning the desktop to the datacenter and into the cloud.
For organizations that have just started to explore virtualization to those that are running business operations in the cloud today, VMware and HP are accelerating the path to greater competiveness and profitability for our customers.
Leveraging our joint expertise developed over 12 years of partnership, we provide unique technology innovations and turnkey solutions, complemented by a complete lifecycle of services from both HP and partners worldwide. Solutions like these are delivering new capabilities to easily, quickly and securely transform IT environments to create the agility demanded by today’s business.
Double Virtual Machine Density and Transform the Datacenter to Drive the Next Generation of IT Services
HP 3PAR StoreServ Storage is highly virtualized storage built to enhance the benefits of VMware vSphere by exceeding the demands that server virtualization puts on the storage infrastructure. The broad range of HP 3PAR StoreServ Storage products delivers increased storage efficiency, utilization, and performance for VMware vSphere virtualization environments.
- Double virtual machine density (Guaranteed!) and optimize performance. Unique 3PAR storage architecture and integrations with VMware vSphere VAAI, as well as VMware Adaptive Queue Depth Throttling, increase performance, efficiency and scalability and represent a few of the advanced features that increase the ROI of virtualization.
- Simplify end-to-end disaster recovery. HP 3PAR Remote Copy Software is integrated with VMware vCenter Site Recovery Manager for automated, end-to-end disaster recovery management, eliminating duplicate disaster recovery investments in both server and storage layers.
- Spend 90% less time on management. Multiple points of integration, including HP 3PAR management software, HP 3PAR Recovery Manager and HP 3PAR Virtual Copy plug-ins for VMware vCenter Server dramatically simplify storage administration of the vSphere environment.
- Cut storage TCO by 50%. Adding to the savings provided by doubling virtual machine density, HP 3PAR Thin Provisioning software and Thin Persistence allow implementation and maintenance of an efficient environment. HP 3PAR Thin Conversion supports the move from traditional storage to more efficient “thin” storage, further reducing storage costs.
Boost VMware vSphere ROI and Maximize the Benefits of Virtualization
A critical element in maximizing the ROI of virtualization investments is in the selection of a cost effective, high performance, and highly available shared storage system. The HP StoreVirtual Storage portfolio provides an affordable choice with a comprehensive feature set and simplified, centralized management, customized for VMware vSphere integration.
- Reduce storage deployment costs. HP StoreVirtual scales capacity and performance linearly to seamlessly grow as business needs change. Space efficient thin provisioning works with VMware vStorage Thin Provisioning to provide excellent capacity utilization.
- Eliminate planned and unplanned downtime. Network RAID, Multi-site SAN clusters, and Peer Motion data mobility enable maximum application availability by providing built-in protection against data faults and site failures, as well as non-disruptive scalability.
- Create shared storage without SAN complexity. HP StoreVirtual Virtual SAN Array (VSA), the first certified virtual appliance on the VMware SAN Hardware certification list, transforms server disk drives and external storage into a virtual iSCSI SAN for scalable performance, and improved HA/DR.
- Spend less time on system management. vSphere Storage APIs for Storage Awareness (VASA) creates a foundation for quality-of-service-based profile management and is enabled through the HP Insight Control Storage Module for VMware vCenter Server plug-in. This same integration also enables integrated monitoring and provisioning of the HP storage arrays.
Easier, Simplified Management Through a Single Pane of Glass and Integrated Network Management
HP and VMware have closely collaborated to deliver HP Insight Control for VMware vCenter Server, which seamlessly integrates the manageability features of servers, storage and networking products, into the VMware vCenter management console. This powerful combination provides administrators increased control and insight from a single pane of glass. And, we're simplifying network management through HP FlexNetwork and VMware vCenter integrations.
- Improve server uptime. Through VMware vCenter alert and event logs, automate management of virtual machine workloads based on pre-failure conditions of underlying host and storage systems.
- Proactively and easily manage changes. Using HP Virtual Connect with HP BladeSystem creates an end-to-end view of the Virtual Connect network, and for HP Storage, detailed mappings of the virtual environment to the physical environment.
- Increase capacity on demand. Provisioning is made easier through direct accessibility to tools that provide repeatable, automated deployment of physical compute resources. One joint customer, a US-based healthcare provider, decreased server deployment times by a factor of 12.
- Improved access to tools. Access to HP configuration and remote support tools, such as HP Systems Insight Manager, iLO, Onboard Administrator and Virtual Connect from within the vCenter console increase the overall level of visibility and control.
- Simplified network management. 40% faster vMotion and decreased downtime delivered through integration of vCenter with HP FlexNetwork, featuring HP IRF Technology, and HP Intelligent Management Console (IMC).
- Maintain stability and reliability. Firmware inventory and deployment across HP Converged Infrastructure is managed directly from vCenter Server.
Protect Datacenter Assets, Both Physical and Virtual
VMware and HP provide a tightly integrated, real-time security solution that protects both virtual and physical assets throughout the datacenter. The comprehensive solution, built with VMware vCloud Networking and Security and HP TippingPoint software, monitors traffic on both the physical network and the virtual network and provides integrated security management.
- Protect the physical and virtual datacenter. vCloud Networking and Security provides comprehensive firewall services and HP TippingPoint delivers a complete datacenter intrusion protection system (IPS). Together, they deliver comprehensive coverage at all levels.
- Reduce risk and simplify compliance. vCloud Networking and Security protects applications and data from network-based threats. Automated discovery of sensitive data helps you meet compliance audits.
- Simplify security management. HP TippingPoint Virtual Management Center manages the complete IPS platform, and is integrated with VMware vCenter Server for virtual datacenter visibility.
Simplify Disaster Recovery for the Virtualized Environment
HP has created a family of Storage Replication Adapters (SRA) that integrate HP storage arrays (HP 3PAR StoreServ and HP StoreVirtual, as well as others) and HP storage software with VMware vCenter Site Recovery Manager (SRM). The integration delivers a high performing, reliable business continuity solution for virtualized applications that is easier to use and at a lower cost than traditional approaches.
- Save time and simplify recovery plans. Independent storage and server disaster recovery processes can be replaced with automated processes and centralized management to keep plans up to date.
- Fast and reliable recovery. Meet Recovery Time Objectives (RTOs) and Recovery Point Objectives (RPOs) through deployment of defined, automated processes and live, non-disruptive failover testing to ensure quick and reliable data recovery.