VMware Fusion 5 and VMware Fusion 5 Professional Release Notes
VMware Fusion 5.0.3 | 14 MARCH 2013 | Build 1040386
Check frequently for additions and updates to these release notes.
These release notes cover the following topics:
What's New in VMware Fusion 5.0.3
VMware Fusion 5.0.3 is a maintenance release that resolves some known issues. It is a free upgrade for all VMware Fusion 5 users.
Prior Releases of VMware Fusion 5
Features from prior releases of VMware Fusion are described in the release notes for each release, along with existing known issues. In addition, the release notes
contain information on system requirements and installation. To view release notes for prior releases of VMware Fusion 5, click the following links:
VMware Fusion 5.0.3 is a minor upgrade recommended for all users of VMware Fusion. This release includes the following improvements and resolved issues.
- Added support for Boot Camp partitions on 3TB disk drives.
- Improved the cursor performance for select applications, especially when in Unity mode.
- McAfee AntiVirus Plus updated with Windows 8 support.
- Resolved an issue that could result in blurry graphics under certain circumstances.
- Resolved an issue that resulted in horizontal scrolling being reversed in Unity mode.
- Resolved an issue with displaying Office 2013 applications on some recent Macs.
- Improvements to vSockets.
Top of Page
Known issues from prior releases of VMware Fusion 5 also might apply to VMware Fusion 5.0.3.
- VMware Fusion users running OS X Mountain Lion are strongly advised to upgrade to OS X 10.8.3. Running VMware Fusion on OS X 10.8.2 can result in unexpected virtual machine crashes.
Top of Page