Streamlined vSphere Application and Script Development
- Access experienced vSphere SDK/API engineers to help streamline your application and script development and testing, and get to market faster.
- Take advantage of expert assistance to guide your development process, including sanity checks, best practice recommendations, and work-around suggestions.
- Avoid exposing your proprietary code in public forums by interacting with knowledgeable VMware engineers in confidence.
- Choose from two service levels (Standard and Premium) to best meet your needs.
The VMware SDK Support Program provides guidance to get your third-party vSphere solutions to market more quickly by providing you with access to VMware vSphere Application Programming Interface (API) expert engineers. These professionals have years of experience working with third-party solutions, and possess in-depth knowledge around the intricacies of the powerful vSphere APIs. This program is ideal for Independent Software/Hardware Vendors (ISVs/IHVs), commercial and enterprise organizations building solutions for managing the vSphere platform.
SDK Support will help you answer questions such as the following:
- Can I do this task with an SDK?”
- How do I do it?”
- I tried it, and it’s not working. Did I do it correctly?”
- It doesn’t perform like it is supposed to. Is this a bug?
- Why are my scripts not working in the new release of vSphere?
SDK Support is available in two service level agreements: Standard support provides a response within two business days, and Premium support provides a response within one business day. SDK Support engineers won’t write or test your code for you, but they may provide sample code to express a suggested solution. If you need help writing code, we recommend contacting your local VMware sales representative or reseller for information on additional service options.
Need more specifics? Learn more about the scope of the SDK Support Program.
Who Should Consider Purchasing This Program?
- Organizations that are customizing and leveraging VMware APIs to manage large environments.
- Developers and administrators building vSphere management solutions using the vSphere API, SDKs, and Command Line Interfaces.
“Our products and solutions manage some of North America’s largest data farms, and we rely on VMware APIs and VMware SDK Support to help us manage and reduce complexity. Recently, we were running into performance issues when polling our infrastructure. The Developer Support team quickly made some recommendations, and the changes we made as a result helped improved our code performance by more than 30%.”
Mike Giles, Sr. Software Engineer, Netiq
“The VMware SDK Support Program helped us by providing sanity checks and workarounds throughout our VMware vSphere API solution development process. The VMware team is extremely professional, they understand my needs and they have in-depth working knowledge of the vSphere APIs.”
- Luc Dekens, Systems Engineer and vExpert
|Feature||SDK Support Program|
|Hours of Operation||12x5|
|Length of Service||1 or 3 Years|
Products for Administrators:
VMware vSphere Command Line Interface
VMware vSphere Management Assistant
VMware vSphere PowerCLI
Products for Software Developers:
VMware CIM SDK (SMASH – SMI-S)
VMware Remote Console API
VMware ThinApp SDK
VMware vCenter Chargeback API
VMware vCenter Orchestrator API(creation of custom plugins and workflows)
VMware vCenter Single Sign On SDK
VMware vCloud API
VMware vCloud Automation Center
VMware vCloud SDK for .NET
VMware vCloud SDK for Java
VMware vCloud SDK for PHP
VMware Virtual Disk Development
VMware VIX API
VMware vSphere Client Plug-ins
VMware vSphere ESX Agent Manager SDK
VMware vSphere Guest SDK
VMware vSphere SDK for Perl
VMware vSphere Web Client SDK
VMware vSphere Web Services SDK
|Method of Access||Standard Support: Web
Premium Support: Web/Call Back By Appointment
|Response Method||Standard Support: Email
Premium Support: Email/Call Back By Appointment
|Max Number of Technical Contacts per Contract||1 Person Per Contract|
|Number of Support Requests||Unlimited for a 12-Month Period|
|Target Response Times
2 Business Days (48 Business Hours); Email
1 Business Day (24 Business Hours); Email/Call Back By Appointment
|Access to VMware Web Site||Yes|
|Access to VMware Discussion Forums||Yes|
|Access to Knowledge Base||Yes|
|Business Days||Monday - Friday|