Get value from your current VMware licenses for the purchase of a VMware vCloud Suite Edition. Through VMware’s Fair Value Conversion Program, you will get a discount off the purchase of a VMware vCloud Suite Edition by “converting” your existing licenses for VMware vSphere and VMware Management or Networking & Security products such as VMware vCenter Operations Management Suite and VMware vCenter Site Recovery Manager.
Program Terms & Conditions
- Conversion must include at least one vSphere license AND at least one Management product (see Fair Value Conversion Eligibility Matrix).
- The conversion value will be calculated based on the purchase date of the licenses that are being used for the conversion
- Licenses purchased before August 27, 2012 will receive a conversion value equal to approximately 100% of the current license list price
- Licenses purchased on or after August 27, 2012 will receive a conversion value equal to approximately 90% of the current license list price
- An active SnS contract is required for all products used for the conversion
- Conversion Value can be up to 80% of the total Current License List Price of “To” product.
- The number of vSphere (per processor) licenses must equal the number of vCloud Suite (per processor) licenses purchased as part of the conversion.
- A single conversion can include only one vCloud Suite Edition (“To” product). Upgrading to multiple vCloud Suite Editions can still be accommodated by performing multiple conversions. A single conversion can include multiple vSphere or Management product editions (“From” products). A minimum two (2) month SnS contract must be purchased as part of conversion. Customers with contractual agreements with VMware may be exempt from this requirement. All product SKUs used for conversion must have the same category (i.e., Commercial, U.S. Federal, Academic) as the “To” product purchased as part of the conversion. The conversion and purchase must be simultaneous. A conversion cannot be used for a credit towards a future purchase.
- The existing licenses used for the conversion will be inactivated. They will no longer appear on the My VMware license portal and can no longer be used.