IT Solutions for Transforming Government
Begin a New Era in Government IT
VMware solutions help governments transform their IT departments into efficient, flexible enterprises that can respond faster to the needs of policymakers, agencies and constituents while reducing IT infrastructure and operating costs. Virtualization provides government organizations with an evolutionary path to cloud computing that preserves existing IT investments, security and control.
- Reduce capital costs by increasing energy efficiency and requiring less hardware while increasing your server to admin ratio.
- Ensure your enterprise applications perform with the highest availability and performance.
- Improve service levels through automation.
Operate More Efficiently and Respond to Changes Faster
Caught between shrinking budgets and a growing need for services, government IT departments need a more flexible and cost-effective model for computing—one that allows them to operate much more efficiently and respond faster to the needs of policymakers, agencies and constituents.
Improve Service Through IT Transformation
Transform your IT departments into highly efficient enterprises that can respond to the increasing demand for IT services while reducing complexity and operating costs. IT consolidation, shared services and virtualizing data centers have yielded significant savings for many government agencies while providing increased management, security and operational efficiencies. Moving to virtual desktops and applications has similarly allowed IT organizations to streamline management, improve end-user services and significantly reduce operational expenses. Avoid the pitfalls of over-investment or under-investment in IT while protecting your legacy IT investments. Rely on VMware solutions to:
- Reduce data center and capital costs by as much as 60 percent.
- Cut the operating expenses around your end-user computing environment by up to 50 percent.
- Reduce time spent on routine administrative tasks by about a third.
- Reduce power, cooling and real estate needs to cut energy costs by up to 80 percent.