Cloud Computing for Service Providers
VMware Service Provider Program (VSPP)
What is the VMware Service Provider Program (VSPP)?
The VSPP is a vCloud partner program designed for the unique needs of the hosting community. It enables VMware to engage more effectively with hosting companies and service providers. VMware vCloud computing solutions will allow VSPPs to:
- Leverage industry-leading virtualization solutions with proven reliability, broad application coverage and unique mobility features
- Expand revenue streams with new business continuity and automation offerings, such as disaster recovery and high availability
- Bring enterprise-ready cloud services to market with tools and solutions that allow you to target the extensive VMware customer base
- More effectively utilize hardware resources to deliver the services your customers need, at a price they can afford, while meeting strict SLAs.
Who is eligible to participate in the program?
The VMware Service Provider Program is created for IT companies providing Hosted IT services to End User Companies. Hosted IT services include: Web Services, File, Mail, Database, Application, Transaction, Disaster Recovery, Co-location, and other Managed Services.
Is there a program fee?
There is no program fee
What are the program benefits?
- Not for Resale licenses
- Demonstration SW (VMs)
- Unique Service Provider Branding
- Invitation to Partner Conference/VMworld
- PartnerCentral access with content specific to hosting/service providers
- Partner Profile and directory listing
- VMware Partner Newsletter
- Technical Support incidents
- Training Discounts (regional)
- Right-to-Rent (training required)
- Volume Rental Program (training required)
What are the program requirements?
- Complete the on-line application and click thru agreement
- Verified Service Provider Business Model (see above under program eligibility)
- Training to be eligible for:
- Right to Rent (1 VCP and 1 VSP)
- Volume Rental Program (2 VCPs)
How does a Service Provider join the program?
Complete on-line application and click thru agreement at www.vmware.com/go/vspp
Can Service Providers use the free VMware products (VMware vSphere Hypervisor and VMware Server) in their hosting business?
VMware’s standard EULA does not allow for these products to be used in hosted environments. VMware vSphere Hypervisor and VMware Server are not in the VSPP rental portfolio so cannot be used to host client environments.