Intel and VMware
Virtualizing for a More Agile, Efficient Data Center
Get a flexible IT architecture that allows you to quickly align resources with business needs. Intel® processors are extending the benefits of virtualization far beyond server consolidation to increase performance, speed, and high availability. The latest Intel Xeon® processor E7 v2 family–based servers provide a superior hardware platform for virtualization that delivers industry-leading performance, more memory capacity, increased I/O bandwidth, higher availability and uptime, and built-in security across a wide range of server configurations.
VMware Virtual SAN with Intel
Radically simplify your data center and deliver low cost and high-performance compute and storage powered by VMware® Hyper-Converged Software and Intel® processors, SSD’s and Networking. The natively integrated software combines Virtual SAN, vSphere, and vCenter with HCI deployment choices on industry-standard Intel Architectures.
- VMware Virtual SAN the best storage value with radically simple management, high performance, low cost and a future-proof roadmap supporting any app, any scale
- Intel Xeon processor based servers are optimized for virtualization and uptime
- High-performance Intel Xeon processor servers with Intel SSDs caching, and Intel Ethernet Converged Network Adapters deliver consistent high bandwidth and low latency
Virtualized SAP HANA, powered by Intel Xeon Processor-based Servers
Optimize the Performance of Virtualized SAP HANA on VMware vSphere
The SAP HANA® platform for next-generation applications and analytics converges database and application platform capabilities in memory so that businesses can operate in real time. VMware, Intel, and SAP® have collaborated to offer a robust solution for data center virtualization that leverages the Intel Xeon processor E7 v2 family to optimize the performance of virtualized SAP HANA in production environments on VMware vSphere, the foundation of vCloud Suite.
The Intel Xeon processor E7 v2 family enhances your VMware virtualized SAP HANA environment with:
- Optimized performance with scalable memory: Get three times more memory capacity than previous-generation processors 1,2, to dramatically accelerate speed and performance of virtualized SAP HANA.
- Greater reliability: Count on solid performance all day, every day, creating an extremely dependable environment for mission-critical solutions that require “5 nines” (99.999 percent) uptime.
- Increased efficiency for virtualized SAP HANA: A virtualization-optimized hardware foundation provides higher value from VMware software, with more capacity for data circulation and 2X faster data processing when deployed with PCIe (Peripheral Component Interconnect Express) Solid-State drives.
VMware NSX with Intel
- Dramatically accelerate networking and security service provisioning time, radically simplify operations, move towards a highly agile
- Software Defined Data Center (SDDC) environment while fundamentally improving your data center security posture with VMware
- NSX on powerful Intel® Xeon® processor architectures and Intel® Ethernet 10GB/40GB Converged Network Adaptors
- Provision networking and security services in minutes and rapidly deploy applications
- Increase operational efficiency and scale, by reducing IT cycle times and manual tasks
- Scale networking and security services on demand with a distributed networking architecture
- Reduce data center attack surface