Fusion Support Center FAQs
The minimum system requirements for installing and using VMware Fusion 6 are:
- Any 64--bit capable Intel® Mac (Compatible with Core 2 Duo, Xeon, i3, i5, i7 processors or better)
- Minimum 4GB of RAM
- 750MB free disk space for VMware Fusion and at least 5GB for each Virtual Machine
- Mac OS X 10.7.0 or later; OS X 10.7.5 or later recommended
Operating system installation media (disk or disk image) for virtual machines.
Microsoft Windows is not included with VMware Fusion.
Recommended graphics hardware for Windows Aero support:
- NVIDIA 8600M or better
- ATI 2600 or better
What are the supported guest operating systems for VMware Fusion 6?
VMware Fusion 6 supports more than 200 operating systems from Windows XP through Windows 8, various flavors of Linux, and certain versions of Mac OS X.
Here is a list of popular supported guest operating systems:
- Windows XP
- Windows Vista
- Windows 7 (all versions, including 32-bit and 64-bit)
- Windows 8 (all versions)
- Ubuntu (most versions including 13.04, 12.04, 11.10 and 10.04)
- Linux, Solaris, and FreeBSD
- Mac OS X Leopard Server
- Mac OS X Snow Leopard Server
- OS X Lion and OS X Lion Server
- OS X Mountain Lion and OS X Mountain Lion Server
- OS X Mavericks and OS X Mavericks Server
To see a complete list of supported host and guest operating, click here: http://www.vmware.com/go/fusionoperatingsystems