Virtualization is at the heart of VMware’s “one cloud, any application, any device” architecture. It’s the single most effective way to reduce IT expenses while boosting efficiency and agility – not just for large enterprises, but for small and midsize businesses too.
What is virtualization?
Virtualization is a proven software technology that makes it possible to run multiple operating systems and applications on the same server at the same time. It’s transforming the IT landscape and fundamentally changing the way that people utilize technology.
The choice is an easy one for IT departments that want to implement the most sophisticated virtual machine migration and management tools. It's VMware.InformationWeek
Benefits of Virtualization
Virtualization can increase IT agility, flexibility, and scalability while creating significant cost savings. Workloads get deployed faster, performance and availability increases and operations become automated, resulting in IT that's simpler to manage and less costly to own and operate.
- Reduce capital and operating costs.
- Deliver high application availability.
- Minimize or eliminate downtime.
- Increase IT productivity, efficiency, agility and responsiveness.
- Speed and simplify application and resource provisioning.
- Support business continuity and disaster recovery.
- Enable centralized management.
- Build a true Software-Defined Data Center.
VMware’s industry-leading platform supports all levels of virtualization, from desktop and server virtualization to a full-fledged Software-Defined Data Center.