Cloud Management Platform
Evolution of IT Management
The modern CIO knows there are conflicting priorities for the IT organization.
- Quickly adopt new technology-but minimize technical debt.
- Be strategic and focus on business objectives—but maintain operational excellence.
- Encourage innovation—but stay secure and maintain compliance.
The overarching challenge in the cloud era: support business need for speed and agility, while maintaining control and reducing IT costs.
Looking forward, most Software-Defined Data Centers will be hybrid. Workloads will be a mix of traditional and modern application architectures. They will be provisioned in an increasingly virtualized mix of physical and virtual environments managed both on-premises and in public clouds.
The concept of a cloud management platform has evolved as a response to this complex set of management requirements. Our vRealize cloud management platform delivers the management capabilities that allow you to effectively manage the complete lifecycle of services delivered in a hybrid IT environment.
A Complete Cloud Management Solution
Our approach to delivering a cloud management platform gives you a single solution that comprehensively addresses both day one and day two operations. Core capabilities address requirements associated with automation, operations and business management.
- Day one capabilities allow IT teams to rapidly provision a complete services stack that includes application components along with compute, storage and network infrastructure.
- Day two capabilities give teams the ability to fully manage changes to the service stack including everything from right sizing to retirement along with the ability to fully address QOS requirements associated with the running service.
Both day one and day two capabilities help IT teams manage services across a hybrid IT landscape.
Driving IT Outcomes
We are focused on helping IT address a broad range of high-value IT initiatives through our IT Outcomes program. Our Cloud Management Platform provides the underlying management capabilities to address two key IT initiatives:
- Streamlined and automated data center operations
- Application and infrastructure delivery automation
Streamlined and Automated Data Center Operations
With the advent of virtualization, IT organizations have gone from managing hundreds of servers to managing tens of thousands across both on-premises and off-premises environments. Operations teams have struggled to find an effective means to address this increased complexity and scale. Our vRealize cloud management platform delivers intelligent operations that address the need to manage everything from applications to the complete infrastructure stack (compute, storage and network) – across a hybrid landscape. VMware delivers a unified management experience for performance management, capacity optimization, and real-time log analytics, using predictive analytics leveraging both structured and unstructured data to ensure proactive issue avoidance and faster problem resolution.
Infrastructure and Application Delivery
Meeting the time to market requirements of application development teams is a primary concern of IT organizations today. IT organizations are building or sourcing clouds as a way of providing rapid access to the resources developers need including application, compute, storage and networking. Our vRealize cloud management platform delivers the capabilities that allows IT to not only rapidly provision services across clouds but also to manage those services through the complete service lifecycle. IT teams can offer their consumers self-service fulfillment while maintaining the policy and process control required to ensure that services are reliable, highly available and compliant with operational and security requirements. This provides the agility necessary to meet time to market requirements and the control and predictability necessary to ensure operational efficiency.
VMware vRealize Cloud Management Platform Offerings
Organizations come in all shapes and sizes and at different stages of maturity. VMware offers multiple paths to a cloud management platform.
- vSphere with Operations Management : VMware vSphere with Operations Management delivers vSphere optimized for efficient server virtualization management by adding critical capacity management and performance monitoring capabilities of vRealize Operations.
- vRealize Operations Insight : VMware vRealize Operations Insight delivers intelligent operations from applications to storage across vSphere and physical hardware.
- vCloud Suite : VMware vCloud Suite is an integrated offering that brings together vSphere, Site Recovery Manager and vRealize cloud management platform capabilities (automation, operations and business) to provide the foundation for a vSphere-based private cloud.
- vRealize Suite : vRealize Suite complements vCloud Suite by extending vRealize cloud management platform capabilities beyond vSphere to address the management of non-vSphere hypervisors, physical infrastructure and public cloud environments, all with a unified management experience.