What is Network Architecture?
Network Architecture is the way network services and devices are structured together to serve the connectivity needs of client devices and applications.
VMware Infrastructure Architecture Overview
Network Architecture of VMware Cloud Foundation
What are the types of Network Architecture?
- ·Networks for data center that connect servers to host a wide range of data and applications that make them available for use
- ·For different branches and locations, access networks are built to bring users onboard
- Wide-area networks (WANs) connect users to apps, over short or long distances
What are four basic Network Architectures?
The four basic Network Architectures are as follows:
1. Fault Tolerance. A fault-tolerant network is one that limits the number of devices that are impacted by faults, as the Internet will fail at times. It’s built to recover quickly and utilize multiple paths between the source and destination, so if one faults, another steps in.
2. Scalability. A scalable network can expand quickly to support its new clients and applications without impacting the performance of the service being delivered to already existing users.
3. Quality of Service (QoS). The quality of service is a requirement of networks in the modern multi-cloud era. Services need to be dependable, measurable, and at times, guaranteed without fear of compromised quality, which includes the controls to manage congested network traffic and network bandwidth.
4. Security. A high-level of security is a non-negotiable for an impactful network architecture as it serves as one of the fundamentals. Security is addressed in the network infrastructure and in information security, which means physically securing a network is necessary and the information being transmitted, stored, and utilized in cloud-native environments.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Network Architecture
Some of the advantages of Network Architecture include efficiency, scalability, reliability, and automation. The automated management solution that comes with NA for security and network devices helps perform various tasks to backup and preserve configurations, which is essential to keep operations running.
Some of the disadvantages of Network Architecture are that purchasing the necessities for network architecture can be costly and it can last robustness when it comes to individual, physical servers. That means it also lacks independence in some scenarios. Lastly, viruses and malware are constant threats as infections can spread quickly throughout the network if they’re not contained.
How can VMware help with Network Architecture?
VMware Infrastructure is the only solution that provides a robust set of virtual networking elements that makes networking with virtual machines in the data center just as simple as in physical environments. VMware enhances Network Architecture by providing a new set of capabilities to organizations operating within the multi-cloud environment, without the limitations of traditional physical appliance limitations.
Related Solutions and Products
Virtual Cloud Network
Get the Public Cloud Experience in your Data Center with the Virtual Cloud Network