Intel and VMware
Virtualizing for a More Agile, Efficient Data Center
Get a flexible IT architecture that allows you to quickly align resources with business needs. Intel® processors are extending the benefits of virtualization far beyond server consolidation to increase performance, speed, and high availability. The latest Intel Xeon® processor E7 v2 family–based servers provide a superior hardware platform for virtualization that delivers industry-leading performance, more memory capacity, increased I/O bandwidth, higher availability and uptime, and built-in security across a wide range of server configurations.
VMware EVO:RAIL with Intel Xeon Processors
Simplify your Path to a Software-Defined Data Center
VMware EVO:RAIL is a hyper-converged infrastructure appliance that combines compute, networking and storage resources into a simple, easy-to-deploy, all-in-one solution powered by VMware software and Intel architecture, and sold by Qualified EVO:RAIL Partners. With VMware and Intel, you can create a more flexible, resilient, and secure computing environment to support diverse business-critical demands more effectively and at a lower TCO.
- Transformational simplicity: The intuitive user interface was designed from the ground up to simplify deployment, configuration and management.
- A trusted foundation: Count on the proven technology of VMware vSphere and Virtual SAN with servers powered by Intel Xeon processors. EVO:RAIL appliances optimized with Intel Solid-State drives and NICs (Network Interface Controllers) help maximize performance and reliability.
- Highly resilient by design: Enjoy fault tolerance within and across appliances, helping to ensure zero application downtime during planned maintenance or during disk, network, or host failures.
- Infrastructure at the speed of innovation: A simplified infrastructure design with predictable sizing and scaling, and streamlined purchase and deployment with a single appliance SKU.
Virtualized SAP HANA, powered by Intel Xeon Processor-based Servers
Optimize the Performance of Virtualized SAP HANA on VMware vSphere
The SAP HANA® platform for next-generation applications and analytics converges database and application platform capabilities in memory so that businesses can operate in real time. VMware, Intel, and SAP® have collaborated to offer a robust solution for data center virtualization that leverages the Intel Xeon processor E7 v2 family to optimize the performance of virtualized SAP HANA in production environments on VMware vSphere, the foundation of vCloud Suite.
The Intel Xeon processor E7 v2 family enhances your VMware virtualized SAP HANA environment with:
- Optimized performance with scalable memory: Get three times more memory capacity than previous-generation processors 1,2, to dramatically accelerate speed and performance of virtualized SAP HANA.
- Greater reliability: Count on solid performance all day, every day, creating an extremely dependable environment for mission-critical solutions that require “5 nines” (99.999 percent) uptime.
- Increased efficiency for virtualized SAP HANA: A virtualization-optimized hardware foundation provides higher value from VMware software, with more capacity for data circulation and 2X faster data processing when deployed with PCIe (Peripheral Component Interconnect Express) Solid-State drives.
1On a 4-socket natively-connected platform: Intel Xeon processor E7 family supports 64 DIMMS, max memory per DIMM of 32 GB RDIMM; the Intel Xeon processor E7 v2 family supports 96 DIMMs, max memory per DIMM of 64 GB RDIMM. This enables a 3X increase in memory.
2Software and workloads used in performance tests may have been optimized for performance only on Intel microprocessors. Performance tests, such as SYSmark and MobileMark, are measured using specific computer systems, components, software, operations, and functions. Any change to any of those factors may cause the results to vary. You should consult other information and performance tests to assist you in fully evaluating your contemplated purchases, including the performance of that product when combined with other products.