What is High-Performance Computing?
Inside HPC: Guide to Virtualization
Find out what the challenges are for HPC virtualization and more.
Virtualizing HPC and Technical Computing with VMware vSphere
Learn the aspects of virtualization that can greatly enhance the productivity of a HPC environment.
Agile HPC with VMware Cloud Foundation & UberCloud
Mohan Potheri and Thomas Francis at the Stanford HPC Conference
What Virtualizing HPC Does
Flexibility and Agility
Rapid provisioning of infrastructure on demand enables speedy iteration and scale-out—so you can spend more time attaining insights and less time on setup and retooling.
Minimize setup and configuration time with centralized management capabilities. Simplify day-2 operations such as ongoing provisioning and infrastructure maintenance. Eliminate planned downtime through live migration.
Take advantage of the industry-leading virtualization platform that your IT already knows. Our broad ecosystem of technology partners can help bring value-added services such as backup, security analysis, firewall and operations management.
Data Governance and Control of Sensitive Customer Information
Security isolation prevents VMs from seeing another VM’s data in the same cluster. Each VM can only access the virtual disk files that have been designated for it. This means increased VM and host security for you and your data.
VMware vSphere Scale-Out
The latest vSphere edition has been custom-built with Big Data and HPC workloads in mind. Get insights faster with infrastructure on demand, centralized management, data governance and control of sensitive data.
Learn and Evaluate
- Best Practices Guide for Running HPC and Machine Learning Workloads on VMware vSphere
- VMware Solutions Enhance High Performance Computing
- Virtualizing High-Performance Computing Environments Reference Architecture
- Virtualizing AI and ML with vSphere Bitfusion for GPUs and DellEMC Hardware Reference Architecture
- Virtualizing HPC with vSphere Bitfusion for GPUs and DellEMC Hardware Reference Architecture
- Enabling Machine Learning as a Service (MLaaS) with GPU Acceleration using VMware Aria Automation
- Virtualizing HPC Throughput Computing Environments
Blogs and Communities
- HPC Blog
- CTO HPC Blog
- Data For Good with the VMware Cloud Solutions Lab
- Mohan Potheri Interviewed by InsideHPC at SuperComputing 2019 on HPC Running on VMware and Bitfusion
- Performance comparison of Native to Virtual GPUs for Machine Learning
- Machine Learning on vSphere with NVIDIA GPUs – Episode 1
- Machine Learning on vSphere with NVIDIA GPUs – Episode 2