VMware News Releases
EMC and VMware Unveil Early Access Program for New EMC Storage Analytics Suite for VNX
VMware vCenter™ Operations Management Suite Enterprise Customers Can Preview Joint Analytics Solution Prior to General Availability
VMworld, San Francisco — August 28, 2012
- EMC and VMware are previewing their joint analytics solution, first announced in May at EMC World, which provides EMC VNX® storage performance and capacity analytics for VMware vCenter™ Operations customers, enabling end-to-end views of health and performance critical to managing virtualized infrastructures. EMC and VMware have extended their partnership to provide the powerful visualization and patented analytics capability of VMware vCenter™ Operations Management Suite to storage and virtualization administrators with the EMC Storage Analytics Suite for VNX.
- EMC is offering an early access program to existing VMware vCenter Operations Management Suite enterprise customers, allowing access to the EMC Storage Analytics Suite before its general release later this year.
- The early access program enables IT organizations to proactively manage their EMC storage infrastructures to meet the increasingly high user expectations of performance and uptime in highly dynamic virtual environments.
Follow EMC at VMworld
- EMC Community Network: To view everything EMC at VMworld, visit https://community.emc.com/community/connect/everything_vmware
- Twitter: For continuous news and event updates for EMC at VMworld, follow EMC on Twitter at @EMCCloud and @EMCCorp and join the conversations using #EMC and #VMworld
- Facebook: To view highlight videos, interviews and more, like EMC on Facebook
- Flickr: View photos of EMC at VMworld on Flickr and tag your VMworld photos with “VMworld 2012”
EMC Corporation (NYSE:EMC) and VMware, Inc. (NYSE:VMW) today announced an early access program for select VMware vCenter™ Operations Management Suite enterprise customers to begin using the EMC® Storage Analytics Suite before it becomes generally available later this year. The EMC Storage Analytics Suite for VNX®, a joint solution first announced by EMC and VMware at EMC World in May 2012, combines comprehensive storage intelligence with the analytics and visualization of VMware vCenter Operations Management Suite.
This offer is extended to VMware vCenter Operations Management Suite customers running at the enterprise level or higher and currently using EMC VNX unified storage products. The joint solution is designed to provide storage visibility, health alerts, proactive trending, rich metrics and customized dashboards within the VMware vCenter Operations Management Suite.
EMC Storage Analytics Suite for VNX: Actionable Storage Information
- This solution helps proactively identify bottlenecks, balance workloads and pinpoint the root cause of potential problems around health and performance.
- EMC Storage Analytics Suite enables customers to:
- Maintain service levels by quickly identifying and troubleshooting performance abnormalities and remediating errors
- Simplify storage operations management with powerful visualization and topology views
- Proactively optimize storage performance and efficiency across physical and virtual environments with deep storage analytics and dynamic thresholding
- Improve collaboration between IT groups and foster more holistic management across the enterprise
Eric Herzog, Senior Vice President, Product Management and Product Marketing, EMC Unified Storage Division
“As more customers virtualize their business-critical applications, analytics are a transformational, must-have tool for actionable, end-to-end visibility in virtual environments. The combination of EMC Storage Analytics Suite for VNX and the VMware vCenter Operations Management Suite provides never-before-seen capabilities for customers requiring powerful server, network and storage infrastructure performance, capacity and analytics capabilities for optimized efficiency and management. ”
Ramin Sayar, Vice President and General Manager, Products, Cloud and Virtualization Management, VMware
“The EMC Storage Analytics Suite for VNX demonstrates our shared vision with EMC to provide solutions that enable our joint customers to maximize their storage performance in heterogeneous and hybrid cloud environments. This integrated cross-domain solution provides robust storage analytics capabilities with the automated optimization and simplicity of VMware vCenter™ Operations Management Suite.”
The early-access program is available starting in September and will run through December 2012. The EMC Storage Analytics Suite will be generally available in late 2012.
EMC Corporation is a global leader in enabling businesses and service providers to transform their operations and deliver IT as a service. Fundamental to this transformation is cloud computing. Through innovative products and services, EMC accelerates the journey to cloud computing, helping IT departments to store, manage, protect and analyze their most valuable asset — information — in a more agile, trusted and cost-efficient way. Additional information about EMC can be found at http://www.emc.com/.
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable businesses to thrive in the Cloud Era. Customers rely on VMware to help them transform the way they build, deliver and consume Information Technology resources in a manner that is evolutionary and based on their specific needs. With 2011 revenues of $3.77 billion, VMware has more than 350,000 customers and 50,000 partners. The company is headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices throughout the world and can be found online at www.vmware.com.
EMC and VNX are either registered trademarks or trademarks of EMC Corporation in the United States and other countries.
VMware and VMware vCenter are registered trademarks and/or trademarks of VMware, Inc. in the United States and/or other jurisdictions. The use of the word “partner” or “partnership” does not imply a legal partnership relationship between VMware and any other company.