VMware News Releases
VMware vSphere 4 Recognized by Industry Leading Publications Across the Globe
Award Wins Reinforce vSphere’s Innovation and Key Role in Next Era of IT
PALO ALTO, CA – March 25, 2010 –VMware, Inc. (NYSE: VMW) the global leader in virtualization solutions from the desktop through the datacenter to the cloud, today announced that VMware vSphere™ 4, the industry’s most complete and widely deployed virtualization platform, has been recognized by a number of publications for excellence as a virtualization infrastructure. VMware vSphere 4 provides the foundation to transform data centers into dynamic and simplified cloud infrastructures, enabling organizations to deliver the next generation of flexible, reliable IT services through private clouds, public clouds, and hybrid cloud environments.
Since its launch in May 2009, VMware vSphere 4 has received the following awards:
- ChannelWeb– Best Products of 2009 – This award recognized new products that have a significant effect on how enterprises, small and medium size businesses, and solution providers address IT infrastructure and management. VMware vSphere 4 was named best product in the “Virtualization” category.
- CRN Netherlands – Outstanding Product of the Year 2009 – Computer Reseller News (CRN) readers awarded VMware vSphere 4 “Outstanding Product of the Year.” The CRN awards are granted to IT companies that deliver quality products, added value, and innovation to customers and business partners. 2009 is the fourth consecutive year that VMware has won this award.
- E-Manufacturing – 2009 Editor's Choice – VMware vSphere 4 received the “Editor's Choice” award reflecting VMware vSphere’s favorable reputation among all users in China.
- eWeek UK – Lab Analysts Choice Awards 2009 – VMware vSphere 4 was named one of eWeek Labs “Enterprise IT Products of the Year” for 2009. These awards are given to products that stand out in 12 months of eWeek testing and lab evaluations as those that raise the technology bar in their category, innovate in some significant way, better align IT with business needs, and in general, make day-to-day life easier for IT professionals.
- InformationWeek – Best of Interop Awards 2009 – InformationWeek editors recognized show exhibitors that made significant technological advancements. VMware vSphere 4 was awarded the grand prize, which is presented to the product deemed most groundbreaking and influential.
- InfoWorld– 2009 Technology of the Year Award – This award recognized the 10 technologies that made the greatest impact during 2009. The winners were selected from a wide range of products tested and reviewed in the InfoWorld Test Center throughout the year. VMware vSphere 4 was recognized as the year’s “Best Server Virtualization Product.”
- NetWorld– Product of the Year 2009 – NetWorld awarded VMware vSphere 4 the title of best product in the “Virtualization” category. Winners are chosen by NetWorld readers as the most valuable, innovative, and reliable products.
- PC Pro – Business Software of the Year 2009 – VMware vSphere 4 won the PC Pro “Business Software of the Year” award as the piece of software that judges believe made the biggest difference to business computing in 2009. The PC Pro Editorial Awards are voted on by a combination of the magazine's editorial team and its roster of respected “Real World Computing” editors.
- SearchServerVirtualization.com – Product of the Year 2009 – Presented to top vendors based on product innovation, performance, ease of integration and value, among other parameters. VMware vSphere 4 was named “Virtualization Platform of the Year.”
- The Wall Street Journal – 2009 Technology Innovation Award – Honored technological breakthroughs in such areas as medicine, software, the Internet, wireless and consumer electronics. VMware vSphere 4 was recognized in the “Software” category in 2009.
- ZDNet China – 2009 Annual Virtualization Product – VMware vSphere 4 won the “Annual Virtualization Product” award in the server category. This award highlighted VMware vSphere innovation in enabling a more economic and efficient path to achieve cloud computing.
“We developed VMware vSphere™ as a game-changing technology and are proud to see that it is being recognized as such by the industry and end-users,” said Timothy Stephan, senior director, product marketing, VMware. “VMware vSphere™ 4 is the culmination of more than a decade of virtualization experience, and for thousands of IT organizations and service providers it is the foundation upon which they are building and delivering the next era of IT through cloud computing.”
For more information on VMware vSphere 4, visit: http://www.vmware.com/products/vsphere/
VMware delivers solutions for business infrastructure virtualization that enable IT organizations to energize businesses of all sizes. With the industry leading virtualization platform – VMware vSphere™ – customers rely on VMware to reduce capital and operating expenses, improve agility, ensure business continuity, strengthen security and go green. With 2009 revenues of $2.9 billion, more than 170,000 customers and 25,000 partners, VMware is the leader in virtualization which consistently ranks as a top priority among CIOs. VMware is headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices throughout the world and can be found online at www.vmware.com.
# # #
VMware and VMware vSphere are registered trademarks and/or trademarks of VMware, Inc. in the United States and/or other jurisdictions. All other marks and names mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective companies.