Building innovative, modern apps and modernizing existing software are key imperatives for organizations today. Modern apps are essential for deepening user engagement, boosting employee productivity, offering new services and gaining new data-driven insights. But to maximize the impact of modern apps, organizations need to deliver them rapidly—fast enough to keep up with swiftly changing user expectations and emerging marketplace opportunities.
VMware is dedicated to accelerating the pace of innovation and helping organizations realize the full potential of modern apps. The VMware Tanzu portfolio empowers developers to rapidly build modern apps across a multi-cloud landscape while simplifying operations.
The three initial VMware Tanzu offerings enable organizations to establish a consistent Kubernetes foundation across environments, tap into a wealth of open-source software and eliminate operational complexity.
- VMware Tanzu Kubernetes Grid provides a consistent, enterprise-ready Kubernetes distribution for any data center, cloud or edge environment. Organizations can run their modern apps in the optimal environment now and shift applications among environments if and when their needs change.
- VMware Tanzu Application Catalog is a curated, customizable catalog from the Bitnami collection that allows developers to draw from production-ready open-source software. The catalog is continuously maintained, tested and verified for use in production environments. Developers can rapidly integrate new code into their projects to accelerate application delivery.
- VMware Tanzu Mission Control offers a single environment to manage modern apps across multiple clouds, teams and clusters. IT operations teams can establish policies for individual clusters or groups of clusters. Developers can then work freely within those boundaries.
Realizing success with VMware Tanzu
How can VMware Tanzu help organizations achieve their strategic goals?
- Accelerating modern app delivery increases business agility. By giving developers the tools and resources they need to capitalize on critical app-modernization technologies such as Kubernetes, VMware Tanzu can help developers deliver modern apps faster. Organizations can use that speed to better address quickly evolving business requirements and changing priorities.
- Running Kubernetes everywhere improves decision-making flexibility. VMware Tanzu prepares organizations’ multi-cloud environments for modern apps. Organizations can run Kubernetes in their data centers, in public clouds and at the edge—wherever it makes the most sense. This flexibility helps organizations better align application and cloud decisions with both technical and operational requirements.
- Simplifying management helps ensure security, reliability and efficiency. Delivering modern apps across multiple environments should not mean adding complexity to operations. VMware Tanzu enables organizations to centrally manage, govern and better secure all Kubernetes clusters, no matter where they reside. As a result, operations teams can meet expectations for application security and reliability while controlling costs.
- Empowering both development and IT operations teams refocuses everyone on shared goals. VMware Tanzu helps alleviate the tension between the goals of rapid development and stable operations. It transforms the DevOps relationship by giving operations teams what they need to support fast release cycles.
Driving innovation by providing deep resources
VMware Tanzu is an essential component of the growing VMware App Modernization portfolio, which provides organizations the tools they need for building new apps and modernizing their existing software. Alongside VMware Tanzu, VMware Cloud Foundation 4 with the rearchitected VMware vSphere 7 delivers an optimal environment for any app in the data center, in the cloud and at the edge. Using these tools, organizations can rapidly—and continuously—deliver the modern apps that are vital for achieving their strategic goals. ▪