VMware Named a Leader in 2022 IDC MarketScape for UEM for Ruggedized/IoT Device Deployments
Access an excerpt to see why we believe the IDC MarketScape positioned us as a Leader.
From Pilot to Production: Secure Workspace IoT Endpoint Management at Scale
Workspace ONE Unified Endpoint Management (UEM) platform enables organizations to securely manage any device—from laptops and smartphones to rugged devices and wearables—from a single console. Whether you're exploring workspace IoT technologies, pilot testing, or ready to roll-out to a production environment, leverage Workspace ONE to ensure all your endpoints are managed and meet corporate compliance and security standards.
Support Android- and Windows 10-based AR, MR, and VR head-mounted displays (HMDs) at scale
- Save time and resources with low-touch enrollment and configuration
- Give workers access to the augmented and mixed reality, mission-critical apps that drive business operations
- Protect corporate data with device controls and policies from pilot to production
- Gain greater visibility and simplified management across all endpoints, including Google Glass, HTC VIVE, Microsoft HoloLens, Oculus, Pico, RealWear, and Vuzix HMDs
Manage and secure peripherals – like enterprise sleds, mobile printers, and voice assistants – alongside other mobile devices
- Get real-time visibility of enrolled peripherals with dashboards that show provisioning status, compliance, and activity
- Centrally track and monitor enterprise sleds used to enhance consumer device capabilities
- Proactively manage mobile printers used for printing barcodes, labels, receipts, or tickets with automated alerts and reports
Securely manage devices used for specific customer-facing scenarios across the complete app and content lifecycle
- Easily enroll and deploy single-purpose devices, like interactive kiosks and digital signage
- Automatically and remotely push apps, content, and updates to devices
- Lock interactive kiosks into single or multi-app mode and protect corporate and customer data with device security and controls
- Support Linux-based devices (like Raspberry Pi) and leverage Workspace ONE Intelligence and third-party configuration management tools
Why Workspace ONE?
Workspace ONE Unified Endpoint Management (UEM) technology now powers VMware Workspace ONE, an integrated platform for the digital workspace.
Hands-on Lab: Getting Started with Workspace ONE
Explore the features and functionality of our integrated digital workspace platform from the comfort of your browser.
VMware Named a Leader in 2021 IDC MarketScape for UEM for Ruggedized/IoT Deployments
Access the report and see why we believe IDC positioned us as a Leader.
Enterprise mobility management (EMM) is a device- and platform-agnostic solution that centralizes the management, configuration and security of all devices in an organization, both BYO and corporate-owned. EMM goes beyond traditional device management to include the management and configuration of enterprise apps and content.
A comprehensive EMM solution will include MDM , MAM , mobile content management (MCM) , identity management for access control, and productivity apps for easy access to corporate email, calendar, contacts, content repositories and intranet sites. When done right, an EMM solution should supply both the technical capabilities to simplify management and security for IT as well as a pleasant user experience for the employee.
Mobile device management (MDM) is a device lifecycle management technology that enables IT to deploy, configure, manage, support and secure mobile devices through MDM profiles installed on the devices. MDM software provides asset inventory, over-the- air configuration of email, apps and Wi-Fi, remote troubleshooting, and remote lock and wipe capabilities to secure the device and the enterprise data on it. MDM is the foundation of a comprehensive enterprise mobility management (EMM) solution.
Unified endpoint management (UEM) enables IT to stop using separate tools to manage mobile, desktop and now Internet of Things (IoT) devices. UEM solutions provide a holistic and user-centric approach to managing all endpoints by combining traditional client management of desktop and PC systems with a modern enterprise mobility management (EMM) framework. A comprehensive UEM solution will enable IT to manage users and deliver a consistent experience across all endpoints, secure and manage the full device lifecycle, and do it all in a single, comprehensive platform.
Bring your own device (BYOD) is an IT policy that allows employees to use their personal devices for work purposes. EMM platforms enable organizations to implement a BYOD strategy without sacrificing security or employee privacy by providing separation of work and personal data on the device. This separation allows IT to manage and secure only the work data on an employee-owned device. If a device is ever compromised or when an employee leaves the company, IT is able to remove only the work-related data, leaving the personal items on the device intact.