vSphere Data Protection (VDP) Advanced is licensed in the following ways:
- per CPU (processor) on a virtualized server, that is, one license of VDP Advanced is required for each CPU of vSphere hosts running protected virtual machines.
- per Operating System Instance on a physical server.
This means you can:
- Protect as many virtual machines as needed on licensed vSphere hosts.
- Deploy virtual appliances as needed (up to 10 per vCenter Server).
- Protect supported applications on physical servers irrespective of the number of physical CPUs on that server
At least one license of VDP Advanced is required to enable a secondary site to become the target of replication. If virtual machines are backed up locally at the secondary site, an adequate number of VDP Advanced licenses are required, in accordance with the licensing model.
vSphere Data Protection Advanced can also be purchased as part of the Enterprise and Enterprise Plus editions of the vSphere with Operations Management Accelerations Kits.
Have questions? Speak to a vSphere Data Protection expert.
Find a Reseller
Use the partner locator to find a reseller near you.
Evaluate vSphere Data Protection
Try a free, 60-day evaluation of vSphere Data Protection.