Veeam and VMware: Protecting Virtualized Workloads for the Always-On Enterprise
Veeam and VMware bring the power of protecting virtualized workloads to the Always-On Enterprise, ensuring data and applications are available and accessible anywhere, anytime, from any device. Veeam and VMware are long-time strategic partners, bringing the power of 24/7/365 availability to virtualized environments.
Together, Veeam and VMware protect virtualized workloads wherever they reside—saving organizations time and money while reducing risk, unlocking value for your business and enabling enterprises to achieve 24/7/365 availability.
Customer Reference Book
Discover the benefits of leveraging VMware solutions with Veeam backup and data recovery technologies.Read Now
Veeam and VMware Partnership Infographic
Learn why Veeam and VMware are better together.Download Now
Veeam and VMware Cloud on AWS
VMware Cloud on AWS is an on-demand service that enables users to run applications across VMware vSphere-based cloud environments with access to a broad range of AWS services. Powered by VMware Cloud Foundation, this service integrates vSphere, VMware vSAN, and VMware NSX along with VMware vCenter management, and is optimized to run on dedicated, elastic, bare-metal AWS infrastructure.
VMware Cloud on AWS customers can leverage Veeam Availability Suite to protect their VMware Cloud workloads to simply, efficiently, and seamlessly protect workloads across all clouds. Veeam’s support of VMware Cloud on AWS provides the ability for customers to:
- Deploy a flexible, integrated and secure infrastructure that can be seamlessly extended to hybrid cloud environments
- Perform self-service backups out of VMware Cloud on AWS
- Replicate VMware Cloud on AWS workloads to and from VMware-based data centers
- Leverage built-in deduplication, compression and WAN acceleration to reduce storage and bandwidth consumption resulting in faster ROI
- Integrate log management and monitoring
- Deploy cross-cloud data management for multicloud environments
Veeam and VMware vSAN
Veeam Availability Suite provides unique backup and recovery options for VMware vSAN (vSAN), allowing customers to deploy an integrated, highly efficient, and cost-effective availability solution. Leveraging Veeam solutions with vSAN hyperconverged infrastructure empowers customers to provision and manage storage while leveraging the administration and storage policies of vSphere.
Veeam provides vSAN customers with:
- Storage Policy-Based Management (SPBM) backup and restore to recover entire VMs, individual files, and application items in minutes
- End-to-end AES 256-bit encryption to secure backup files and data at the source in flight and at rest
- Built-in deduplication and compression to reduce storage and bandwidth consumption
- A VMware Ready for vSAN solution designed and optimized specifically for the VMware platform
Veeam and VMware vSphere
Deploying Veeam Backup & Replication within vSphere environments empowers enterprises to run business-critical applications with confidence and respond to business needs faster. Scale applications up and out with confidence, redefine availability, and simplify the virtual data center with ease.
Veeam Backup & Replication is a powerful, easy-to-use, and affordable backup and availability solution that supports VMware vSphere virtual environments. It provides fast, flexible, and reliable recovery of virtualized applications and data, bringing VM backup and replication together in a single software solution. Veeam Backup & Replication provides full support of VMware vSphere 6.5.
By upgrading to VMware vSphere with Operations Management (vSOM), businesses gain insight and predictive analysis for critical VMware infrastructure, empowering monitoring capabilities to proactively identify and remediate emerging performance issues, optimizing resource utilization through a unified console.
Veeam and VMware Aria Operations for Logs
Veeam Content Pack for VMware Aria Operations for Logs integrates log management and monitoring capabilities to lower operating expenses, improve operational efficiencies, and maximize ROI for VMware vRealize environments. Customers leveraging Veeam Backup & Replication with VMware Aria Operations for Logs gain the ability to:
- Monitor data related to Veeam backups, restores, and configuration changes
- Subscribe to custom alerts to quickly respond to problems and potential disaster recovery challenges
- Monitor Veeam Backup & Replication jobs across physical, virtual, and cloud environments within VMware Aria Operations for Logs