Partner Ready is a new validation opportunity for VMware Technology Alliance Partner (TAP) Program members. Partner Ready allows partners to test and validate their solutions that interoperate with specific VMware platforms. By completing the Partner Ready process and achieving the Partner Ready logo, partners verify their products interoperability with VMware, and agree to solely manage customer support requests for the joint solution. Customers deploying these solutions can do so with the knowledge and reassurance that the partner fully supports the specified versions and configurations on VMware. Platforms eligible for the Partner Ready process are VMware vSphere, VMware PKS and VMware Cloud on AWS.
Partner Ready Benefits
Participating in the Partner Ready process allows partners to:
- Quickly provide mutual customers with assurance of the solution’s support, positively influencing customers’ buying decisions
- Acquire and support customers looking to deploy on designated VMware Partner Ready platforms, keeping partners competitive within the market
- Have access to many marketing benefits, including press releases, solution briefs, and webinars, which will drive awareness of the joint solution with VMware and partner customers (Upon completing the Partner Ready validation process)
- Enjoy all of the above at no additional cost
Partner Ready Logo
The Partner Ready logo allows partners to test their products that interoperate with designated VMware platforms. Current available platforms are VMware vSphere, VMware PKS and VMware Cloud on AWS. This is different than the VMware Ready certifications that many partners have already engaged in, as Partner Ready requires partners to test and validate with minimal VMware review and approval, and solutions support is managed solely by the partner.
By completing the Partner Ready validation process and achieving the Partner Ready logo, partners can demonstrate to their customers their technical engagement with VMware, increasing customer adoption and confidence in the joint solution.
VMware Ready and Partner Ready Differences
VMware Ready and Partner Ready differ in their testing process and support requirements.
- To become VMware Ready, a partner must certify their product or solution with VMware, which involves significant VMware participation and oversight as well as extensive testing. Products that qualify for a VMware Ready logo interoperate with VMware via a deep integration. VMware Ready solutions are fully supported by the partner’s organization, as well as by VMware’s Global Support Services.
- To become Partner Ready, a partner must complete a partner-led validation which, depending on the specific program, may have limited VMware review upon completion. Products that qualify for Partner Ready have little to no technical integration through APIs or SDKs, and do not require connection to the vSphere management functions. Partner Ready solutions are fully supported by the partner’s organization, but VMware does not provide support services.
Partners engaged in either VMware Ready or Partner Ready testing processes receive break/fix and public SDK support, and upon testing completion partners receive access to marketing and go-to-market benefits.
If you are ready to get started with Partner Ready for vSphere or VMware PKS complete the Partner Onboarding Form and if you are ready to get started with Partner Ready for VMware Cloud on AWS, please contact email@example.com.