Pivotal tc Server Overview
The best place to build and run Spring Java applicationsPivotal tc Server, the best place to build and run Spring Java applications, provides enterprise users with a drop-in replacement for Apache Tomcat which is extended for ease of use in the enterprise. Pivotal tc Server ensures a seamless migration path for existing custom-built and commercial software applications already certified for Tomcat, and includes a free developer edition that is designed to make development in Spring more efficient.
Lean, Powerful Apache Tomcat-Compatible Server
Pivotal tc Server provides companies with a secure, supported, and extended Java application server based on and fully compatible with Apache Tomcat. Many companies are attracted by the simplicity and performance of Tomcat but must balance that simplicity with the responsibility of running large server farms hosting mission-critical applications. Pivotal tc Server strikes that balance for both development and operations teams by including optional extensions and packages that facilitate installation, maintenance, upgrade, and performance management, without breaking the essential qualities that make Tomcat so popular.
Lightweight Application Server Optimized for Virtual and Cloud Environments
Pivotal tc Server provides a lean platform for running modern applications and is ideally suited for the cloud and virtualized datacenters. Thanks to its very small footprint and lean approach (Pivotal tc Server can even run as an embedded library in a Java application), Pivotal tc Server typically requires significantly less computing resources than typical JEE application servers, enabling greater application server density within a virtual environment. Pivotal tc Server is also integrated with Pivotal CF platform as a service.
These changes do not involve any code alterations, they are strictly configuration options present in Tomcat that we implement.
- Easy Upgrades - Multi-instance support using shared binaries makes upgrading and downgrading the Tomcat version trivially easy for one or many instances – so you can keep your servers up to date and secure.
- Consistent Rollout - Variable substation in configuration files enables a single configuration to be rolled out to many instances in a farm and enhances consistency.
- Asynchronous Logging - Prevent application slowdowns due to log file contention.
Additional functionality provided by Pivotal to enhance Tomcat.
- Back-ported Bug Fixes - Back-ported bug fixes in maintenance releases - e.g. tomcat-7.0.32.B.RELEASE.
- Diagnostics Valve - Get detailed troubleshooting information in real time when apps become slow to respond.
- Configuration Templates - Includes ability to create custom templates.
- Oracle Database Connection Proxy - Multiple applications can share a connection while maintaining individual connection identities.
- Additional Functionality - Advanced Session replication with Redis and GemFire. Change Tomcat log level via JMX without restarting.
Additional functionality includes improved windows service wrapper, installers and startup scripts for Linux, hosted Maven repository, and password encryption for database connection identities.
Out-of-the-box support for L2 and session caching.
- L2 Caching - Highly scalable and reliable Hibernate L2 caching using a pre-built template for Pivotal GemFire running in Pivotal tc Server, for faster access to data while reducing load on traditional databases.
- Session Caching - HTTP session replication via Pivotal GemFire to keep frequently-accessed session data close to application logic, reducing application response times.
Get drop-in compatibility with existing Apache Tomcat applications while appreciating 24x7 Enterprise-Class production and developer support. Certified software, updates and patches are included.
Pivotal tc Server Pricing
- Pivotal tc Server can be purchased through the Pivotal App Suite. Pricing information is available here. https://pivotal.io/app-suite
- Pivotal tc Server can be purchased as part of Pivotal Application Service for Pivotal Cloud Foundry. Pricing information is available here. https://pivotal.io/platform/pivotal-application-service