Analysys Mason: Benchmarking Edge-Native Cloud Stacks for vRAN and MEC
Communication Service Providers are seeking to deploy a common cloud stack to fully enable 5G network functions from a disaggregated and virtualized RAN. This report highlights the landscape of this transforming space and contains a profile of VMware’s Edge Cloud Stack as well as a vendor map of the current ecosystem.
Explore the report to learn:
- How CSPs will find that the properties needed for vRAN cloud stack will be very different from those in a centralized NFV cloud
- About vRAN cloud stack framework assessment categories and definitions
- Positions of cloud stack vendors assessed against the framework criteria
- How VMware’s Telco Cloud Platform RAN has an optimized version of its ESXi hpervisor and can co-locate and mange B2B edge apps
- Information about VMware’s leading vendor ecosystem