VMware and Accenture: Simplifying Your Journey to the Cloud
Unlock limitless possibilities with end-to-end digital transformation
Leverage Accenture’s IT and business transformation expertise combined with VMware’s leading-edge technology to deliver successful business outcomes through differentiated joint offerings across cloud, networking, security, and application transformation.
Map a clear roadmap for the journey to the cloud. Together, Accenture and VMware are uniquely positioned to help organizations assess virtualization, application modernization, and cloud computing opportunities—and then design and execute clear, actionable roadmaps for transforming them into value-added IT and business investments.
- Accelerate transformation ‒ Meet market demands without compromising quality and compliance. Leverage VMware’s proven technology platforms and Accenture’s proven methodology and highly skilled resources to de-risk your digital transformation and enable an agile IT infrastructure.
- Increase IT efficiencies while reducing IT operating costs ‒ Harness the expertise developed from 10+ years of joint experience helping clients with cost reduction, enhanced compliance, higher quality service delivery, and greater innovation.
- Result-driven engagement ‒ Strategic alignment between Accenture and VMware make complex processes fast, secure, and hassle-free. VMware’s One Cloud, Any Application, Any Device architecture and innovative technology are enablers of Accenture’s “Leading in the New” strategy, a combination of digital, cloud and security-related services.
- Unlock power in core data and applications ‒ VMware’s software-defined solutions, combined with Accenture’s deep vertical and technical knowledge, helps customers improve their ability to develop, deploy, and run applications.
Get VMware Solutions with Accenture Expertise
Drive successful business outcomes with VMware-based innovative solutions supported by Accenture’s proven delivery methodologies, architecture frameworks, and global delivery networks, and experience in large-scale, industry-specific IT transformation strategies and projects.
VMware Cloud on AWS
Accenture is an early access partner for the joint VMware Cloud™ on AWS offering. VMware Cloud on AWS brings VMware's software-defined data center (SDDC) to the AWS Cloud, allowing customers the ability to seamlessly integrate their on-premises data center environments with AWS using their existing tools and skillsets within a common operating environment based on familiar VMware software.
"VMware and AWS continue to be very strategic partners for Accenture on private and public cloud. Our strong relationships and deep expertise allow us to craft the optimal journey to cloud for our clients that optimizes their use of private/hybrid/public cloud and accelerates their ability to achieve positive business outcomes such as agility, innovation and ROI."
- Jack Sepple, Senior Managing Director, Cloud & Operations, Accenture
- Enabling Hybrid Cloud with VMware Cloud on AWS
- VMware Cloud on AWS with Accenture Overview
- Accelerating the Move to a Truly Hybrid Cloud
- Efficiently Modernize Legacy Applications Across a Hybrid Cloud Environment
- Security Solutions That Enable Transformation With Confidence
- Unlocking Secure, Modern Solutions in the Hybrid Cloud
Private Cloud – Realized as Software-Defined Data Center (SDDC)
Accenture and VMware have partnered to deliver the “promise of the cloud” to the enterprise by leveraging VMware industry-leading software-defined infrastructure (SDI) and virtualization solutions. An end-to-end SDI solution is the abstraction of all data center infrastructure services via software, which are defined, configured, provisioned, and managed via business-defined policies.
Accenture's VMware Validated Design
Accenture's VMware Validated Design is a reference architecture for the implementation of a private cloud based on VMware's software-defined data center (SDDC) technology. It encompasses the benefits of server, network and storage virtualization along with integrated management and automated provisioning. Using VMware's next generation technology platforms, this architecture transforms rigid infrastructure elements into an agile, software-centric private cloud blueprint.
Using this design blueprint, customers can:
- Focus on business priorities by minimizing time to value through the implementation of a private cloud in days vs. months.
- Simplify the user experience through automated provisioning and management.
- Meet business demands through scalable, resilient, and secure architecture.
For more information, see Accenture’s VMware Validated Design (video).
Eliminate network bottlenecks and increase security
As part of Accenture’s and VMware’s commitment to delivering Intelligent Infrastructure to meet the needs of the digital business, virtualization principles are extended to all infrastructure domains. This includes the network, which can be optimized – from cloud to branch to edge devices - for increased productivity, scalability and policy based compliance with VMware NSX and VeloCloud.
The agility afforded by this software-defined network solution delivers:
- Cost savings
- Drastically improved provisioning processes to client networks
Accenture’s Global Delivery Network includes more than 1,000 certified VMware practitioners who expertly design, deploy, and manage virtualized networks leveraging VMware NSX worldwide.
Workplace as a Service
Agile, elastic and cost-effective Workplace-as-a-Service solution Desktops as a Service (DaaS) is a cloud-hosted virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) solution that is consumed as a service, allowing enterprises to deploy VDI without owning infrastructure. Accenture’s DaaS offering combines VMware Horizon Air DaaS and Accenture’s experience with consulting and managed services to deliver a fully managed cloud-based desktop solution. The VMware and Accenture partnership leverages its core strengths to design, implement, and support DaaS solutions with the value-added feature of workplace services.
Application-Optimized Blueprints and Managed Private Cloud
Using application-optimized blueprints coupled with its VMware validated design for SDDC, Accenture can stand up a new private cloud for applications—such as SAP and SAP HANA—in days instead of months. Accenture’s Application Migration Factory, built on VMware SDDC technology, utilizes industrialized processes, methodologies, and tools to accelerate time to value for large-scale application migrations.