Coalfire Report: App Control PCI DSS Attestation
In 2018, Coalfire Systems, Inc., a leading provider of IT advisory services for security, conducted assessment activities including technical testing, architectural assessment, and compliance validation of App Control for the PCI DSS v3.2 anti-malware requirement and found that the VMware Carbon Black App Control platform met this requirement as a direct control.
App Control provides coverage across eight of the 12 requirements of the PCI DSS and supports critical security goals, including:
- Stop all types and forms of malicious software.
- Protect and secure in-scope, integrated, and out-of-scope systems.
- Ensure that security policies and operational procedures are documented, in use, and known to all affected parties.
- Establish a process to immediately identify security vulnerabilities and assign a risk ranking.
- Control change, resulting in less data to analyze, which reduces administrative efforts.
- Receive real-time alerts so you can act immediately to protect all of your critical systems and data
The views expressed in these reports are those of the author and do not reflect the views of VMware Carbon Black. Additionally, the information contained in these reports may not be correct or current. VMware Carbon Black disavows any obligation to correct or to update the information contained in these reports.