Support, Validate & Certify
Acquire and Support Customers
VMware offers certification and validation programs for partners who are interested in developing or testing the interoperability of their products with VMware technologies. These programs include VMware Ready certification and Partner Ready validation. The two programs differ in their testing process and support requirements. Partners engaged in either program receive break/fix and public SDK support, and upon testing completion receive go-to-market benefits.
Submitting Support Statements
Within their first year of membership, TAP ISV partners are required to publish a public statement of support for their software applications. This informs customers that their application of choice is fully supported on the VMware virtual platform, and helps to speed the sales cycle for both the partner and VMware. A list of approved support statements can be found on our Supported Business Applications page.
Partner Ready vs. VMware Ready
VMware Ready and Partner Ready differ in their testing process and support requirements. Partners engaged in either VMware Ready or Partner Ready testing processes receive break/fix and public SDK support, and upon testing completion partners receive access to marketing and go-to-market benefits.
Products that qualify for Partner Ready have little to no technical integration through APIs or SDKs, and do not require connection to the vSphere management functions. Partner Ready solutions are fully supported by the partner’s organization.
Products that qualify for a VMware Ready logo interoperate with VMware via a deep integration. VMware Ready solutions are fully supported by the partner’s organization, as well as by VMware’s Global Support Services.
Partner Ready participation includes:
- Assurance to mutual customers of solution’s support, positively influencing customers’ buying decisions.
- The ability to acquire and support customers looking to deploy on designated VMware Partner Ready platforms, keeping partners competitive within the market.
- Access to many marketing benefits, including press releases, solution briefs, and webinars, which will drive awareness of the joint solution with VMware and partner customers.
Learn More about Partner Ready on VMware Technology Hub >>
Categories & Badges
In order to obtain a VMware Ready certification, partners must participate in the appropriate certification and/or subscription program. The following section lists the VMware Ready categories and corresponding certifications that qualify for the logo. Please note that some of these programs fall within a larger subscription program, such as SDDC Integration, SDDC Foundation, EUC Integration or EUC Foundation. For more information, view the Partner Programs and Services page.
Partners validate their application/infrastructure component on any one of the VMware Cloud platforms.
Application Software Integration
Enables partners to validate their applications using VMware tests in a pre-configured and ready-to-use VMware test bed.
The VMware Tanzu Partner Application Program enables partners to validate their cloud native applications using VMware tests in a pre-configured and ready-to-use VMware test bed.
VMware Horizon Partner Application / Middleware Program enables partners to quickly and easily validate their application and middleware products for the VMware Horizon platform.
VMware Ready participation includes:
- Use the VMware Ready Logo.
- Interact directly with VMware to support validated products.
- Benefits from the VMware go-to-market programs, including joint press releases.
- Utilization of VMware integration technology and tools.
- Opportunity to broaden market reach and address VMware 250,000+ customers.
- Ability to leverage market leading virtualization solutions.
Why it Works for Customers
VMware Endorsement for Products and Solutions
The VMware Ready logo helps customers quickly identify VMware partner products and solutions that are optimized for VMware. VMware Ready products and solutions interoperate seamlessly with a virtual infrastructure and have met specific VMware integration and interoperability standards. The VMware Ready logo indicates the unique features and capabilities of VMware-integrated products and solutions and a solid commitment of long-term feature support. Lower integration costs provide the opportunity to eliminate legacy products that don’t deliver a complete solution. A virtualized infrastructure lets customers save both money and manpower.
Learn More about VMware Ready on VMware Technology Hub >>
Categories & Badges
Each VMware Ready product and solution category requires successful completion of specific integration and interoperability testing. Customers can rely on VMware Ready products and solutions to be reliably interoperable with a VMware environment and to deliver unique features with significant value.
In order to obtain a VMware Ready certification, partners must participate in the appropriate certification and/or subscription program. The following section lists the VMware. Ready categories and corresponding certifications that qualify for the logo. Please note that some of these programs fall within a larger subscription program, such as SDDC Integration, SDDC Foundation, EUC Integration or EUC Foundation. For more information, view the Partner Programs and Services page.
Platform & Compute
Validate servers, IO devices, GPU device drivers, and related products. Certifications eligible for use of the VMware Ready for Platform & Compute logo include:
- Develop ESXi-compatible hardware devices and obtain official certification and support.
- Develop and certify device drivers for NICs and Storage HBAs
- Develop and certify Common Information Model (CIM) providers and host-profile plugins for vSphere management functions.
- Develop and certify filters that run in ESXi and can intercept any IO requests from a guest operating system to a virtual disk.
Management & Orchestration
Develop management applications for VMware's Management platform. Certifications eligible for use of the VMware Ready for Management and Orchestration logo include:
- Develop VMware Aria Operations Management Packs using VMware Aria Operations APIs and SDK.
- Develop, validate, and publish your own VMware Aria Operations for Logs Content Packs.
- Provide flexible and rich integration and automation solutions through VMware Aria Automation Orchestrator plug-ins.
- Certify your web client plug-in to ensure good end user experience.
Integrate with Storage APIs and certify that your product runs with vSphere. Certifications eligible for use of the VMware Ready for Storage logo include:
- Build and certify storage devices.
- Certify advanced integrated solutions, such as disaster recovery, multipathing, offload capabilities, and storage management.
- Create and validate unique Storage Replication Adapters (SRAs) for VMware Site Recovery Manager.
- Integrate virtual infrastructure with your storage array solution to enable more efficiency and functionality.
End User Computing
Validate Horizon Thin Client solutions and Horizon VDI deployment solutions. Certifications eligible for use of the VMware Ready for End-User Computing logo include:
- Access pre-release materials to enabling creation of products that are compatible with End User Computing products.
- Accelerate adoption of View by enabling an ecosystem of pre-assembled, easily requested certified appliances, validated reference architectures and certified storage solutions.
- Validate/certify Virtual Volumes at scale with Horizon workflows [500 to 2000] and View Composer Array Integration (VCAI) at scale with Horizon workflows [500 – 2000].
Ready to Get Started?
Please note that an active Technology Alliance Partner (TAP) program membership is a prerequisite for joining either program. Visit the TAP Program page to learn more.
Partner Ready Enrollment
To get started with Partner Ready for vSphere or VMware Tanzu, complete the Partner Onboarding Form
To get started with Partner Ready for VMware Cloud on AWS, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
VMware Ready Enrollment
To get started and express interest in enrolling in the VMware Ready Program, complete the online Partner Onboarding Form.