Key Capabilities of VMware Lab Platform
Provide your students or customers with access to your software and reference materials, while eliminating costly lab environments and infrastructure management
Access From Anywhere
A Powerful Virtual Lab
- Supports complex multi-VM configurations.
- Supports almost all guest operating systems.
- Provides true VM "console" for advanced uses.
How Do I Use VMware Lab Platform?
On-Demand IT Training
Deliver hands-on, lab-based IT training on how to use your products, without the need for any complicated installations.
The Event Management Module
Allow tenant administrators, proctors and help desk staff to easily manage large scale events, bringing the attendee a seamless experience.
Software & Hardware Evaluation
Have your products evaluated by customers or any other stakeholders.
Isolated IT Labs
Combat increased volume of security and malware remediation.
VMware Lab Platform Use Cases
Deliver IT Training Labs
Seamless interactive experience of IT training labs designed for set it and forget it simplicity consumed at the convenience and pace of your students:
- On-Demand / Self-paced Training
- Instructor Led Training - Virtual classroom environment
- Live Lab Events - Cloud scale large format live lab training events managed with ease and an amazing end-user learning experience
- Certification Environments
Isolated IT Labs for Security Training
Deliver Highly Flexible System & Network Architectures:
- Cyber Range – Security operations collaborative red/blue team training environments.
- Security Scenarios – Reproduce common scenarios that you can train students and employees against that might include spear phishing techniques or ransomware examples.
- Isolated Environments – Walled-off lab environments that can enable use cases such as malware assessment and remediation.
Demos and Proof of Concepts
Reduce sales cycles with Demo or proof of concept software and hardware emulation environments that allows for hands-on interaction with your customers:
- Preconfigured lab environment, available on-demand for sales led demonstrations.
- Leave behind evaluation environment for customers to trial your solution.
Why VMware Lab Platform?
VMware Lab Platform (VLP), is a multi-tenant VMware Cloud service that lets you create, manage, and deliver richly-featured IT labs for self-paced training on demand, instructor-led training, and live lab events. VLP technology is based on the same tools and workflows used to create and administer VMware Hands-on-Labs
Yes. Several connectivity options are available, including VPN configurations supported by VMware NSX that can provide secure tunnel options to on-premises resources.
VMware Lab Platform is available for all the regions with Cloud hosted following regions:
- US West (N.California) - us-west-1
- US West (Washington) - us-west-2
- Europe (Amsterdam) - eu-central-1
- Asia Pacific (Bangalore) - ap-south-1
We support SAML for administrative roles in the Administrator user interface. These roles include instructors, tenant administrators, and content creators. When directory service integration is required for end users of labs, the typical approach is to leverage an LTI-compliant LMS or integrate with our API to automate management of users and entitlements.
VMware Lab Platform also supports user authentication from various third-party authentication providers. Some of the supported authentication providers are—Facebook, Google, VMware Workspace One and every OpenId provider.
No, VMware Lab Platform is an end-to-end solution currently hosted as a VMware Cloud service within VMware's own cloud infrastructure.
You have a few options for changing disk size on lab templates. You can add a VMDK to virtual machines through the vCloud Director interface. Or you can expand the volume to span multiple devices from the guest operating system. If you want to expand the base disk instead of adding another disk, open a VMware service request for a VLP admin to adjust the virtual machine’s disk size for you.
For Windows based images, use the following default credentials: Username: Administrator Password: VMware1! For Linux based images, use the following default credentials: Username: Root Password: VMware1!
Here are some basic tips:
Make sure you are using the latest version of a supported browser and clear your cache and cookies and reload.
Make sure you are able to reach the labs through your network by trying to take the lab in a different network. Sometimes corporate networks have proxies that will deny a console connection.
Make sure you have the recommended bandwidth and latency to run the application correctly.
Check to see if the network you are in has deployed an AV system. These are very hard to spot and the best way to see if its your local network is to test it from a different network.
We recommend you have at least between 300 - 500 Kbps of bandwidth per client and 240 ms or less of latency. We find that taking a lab in a shared Wifi network may result in a less than optimal experience. If you do not have complete control of your WIFI network, we recommend you use cabled, dedicated networking.
Thank you for your interest in VMware Learning Platform
A member of our team will be in touch shortly.