Technology Alliance Partner Program
The Technology Alliance Partner (TAP) Program enables partners to develop and deliver proven solutions by providing tools and resources to test, integrate, and package joint products.
What is the Technology Alliance Partner (TAP) Program?
The Technology Alliance Partner (TAP) program enables companies to partner with the global leader in virtualization, with more than 500,000 customers worldwide. Get the tools and resources to build and deliver your solutions on the VMware platform. Test, integrate, and package Application Software, Infrastructure, and Hardware products with VMware products and services across the Software Defined Data Center, End User Computing, and Hybrid Cloud areas – on premise or in the Cloud.
Created exclusively for software and hardware vendors, the TAP program will give you what you need to develop and deliver joint solutions to our shared customers and help you achieve certification to stand out on the VMware Solution Exchange marketplace.
Within the TAP program, benefits and requirements are aligned to five solution areas – Data Center, Cloud Solutions, Modern Applications, Networking and Security and Digital Workspace – which directly correspond to the ways in which you build and market solutions with VMware. By achieving badges within those solution areas you can progress within the program, unlocking new benefits and opportunities for engagement.
Program Related Resources
VMware Ready designates VMware’s highest level of endorsement for products that meet VMware quality standards and are created by TAP partners.
The ISV Center enables Independent Software Vendors (ISVs) to test, certify, and deliver applications running on VMware.
The VMware Solution Exchange is VMware’s ecosystem marketplace – a central location where customers can research, evaluate and rate more than 2,500 solutions from VMware technology partners, systems integrators, and developers.
VMware Partner Ready is a new validation opportunity for members of the Technology Alliance Partner (TAP) Program that allows partner to verify their solutions on designated VMware platforms.
Embedded OEM partners can deliver a pre-configured, turn-key solution with embedded VMware products to their customers.
Program Tiers & Solution Areas
The TAP program has three partnership tiers: Standard, Advanced, and Strategic. The TAP program is based on progression starting at the Standard tier with the opportunity to move into Advanced and then Strategic tiers of the program by meeting badge requirements within those tiers.
Partners have the opportunity to engage with VMware in five solution areas – Data Center, Cloud Solutions, Modern Applications, Networking and Security and Digital Workspace.
- Data Center: partners in this solution area integrate with VMware in order to enable IT organizations to modernize data centers and deliver IT infrastructure and application services with speed, agility, and cost optimization.
- Related products include integrations with NSX, vCenter Server, vRealize Suite, vSphere, and vSAN, and VMware vCloud NFV partners.
- Cloud Solutions: partners in this solution area integrate and validate their solutions with VMware cloud offerings such as VMware Cloud on AWS.
- Partners who wish to validate their products on VMware cloud platforms such at VMware Cloud on AWS, VMware Cloud on AWS Outposts, or VMware Cloud on DellEMC would fit in the Cloud Solutions area.
- Modern Applications: partners in this solution area work with VMware to integrate and validate their solutions which provide customers with the ability to transform their current applications ,manage their cloud native applications, and leverage containers for their application development.
- Related products include integrations with VMware Enterprise PKS and vSphere.
- Networking and Security: partners in this solution area help VMware transform networking and security with joint solutions that maximize visibility, context, and control to secure the interactions between users, applications, and data.
- Related products include integrations with NSX, vRealize Suite, vSAN, vSphere, and Workspace ONE (with AirWatch).
- Digital Workspace: partners in this solution area work with VMware on end user computing solutions that provide customers with secure apps and data in a perimeter-free world.
- Related products include integrations with App Volumes, Fusion, Horizon, Mirage, vRealize Suite, Workspace ONE (with AirWatch), and Workstation.
For additional details, including information about program benefits and requirements, please refer to the TAP Program Guide.
How to Apply for TAP Program Membership
Each partner has to first join the VMware Partner Network at the free Enrolled tier. Technology Alliance Partner (TAP) is just one of the programs that a partner can choose to apply for after joining at the Enrolled tier level.
The Enrolled tier allows you to:
- Learn more about the different partner programs.
- Take time to decide which program is right for your business model and start acquiring the needed sales and technical solution skills with free online training to accelerate time to first transaction.
- Choose to apply for TAP and other programs as the TAP program supports cross-enrollment.