Simple, Cost-Effective Disaster Recovery and Migration
Deliver Unified Onboarding, Migration and Disaster Recovery
VMware Cloud Director Availability is a powerful solution built to offer simple, secure, and cost-effective onboarding, migration, and disaster recovery services “to” or “between” multi-tenant VMware clouds.
Enjoy unified management built on familiar tools with a modern HTML-5 interface, native integration with VMware Cloud Director, rapid appliance deployment models, and a single role-based access control (RBAC) portal to tenants and service providers. Intuitive native in-context Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS) with simple tiered options for different workload criticality drives increased consumption and stability. Understanding service capacity requirements and integrating operational awareness for the entire solution means cloud providers can confidently deploy and manage large volumes of customers without additional operational costs.
Part of the VMware Cloud Provider Platform, VMware Cloud Director Availability has been designed to dramatically simplify cloud onboarding, enables cost effective availability and recovery, and secure operations to cloud providers and their end customers. The solution integrates in-context with VMware Cloud Director to offer DRaaS, self-service on-boarding and migration to VMware Cloud Director-based clouds.
Benefit from a subscription-based, highly competitively priced solution designed with core features to minimize costs and tight integration to reduce operational management costs. Additional flexibility and compelling economics are delivered through storage independence from VMware vSphere Replication, tenant self-service protection, failover, and failback workflows, and granular per virtual machine or per-vApp controls.
Not all workloads are equal, and whilst customers need to align cost to criticality, service provides must personalize services to their customers without incurring operational cost nor stability issues. DRaaS SLA Profiles brings simple tiering of services to customers with personalization provided by their cloud provider allowing a provider to increase their service margins with the correct tiering, including RPOs from 1 minute and advanced retention policies for customer workloads.
Case Studies and Resources
- Engineering Team Case Study
- 451 Pathfinder Providing Business Resilience
- Strencom: Offering Worry-Free Cloud and Connectivity Services
- Service Providers: Boost Your Bottom Line with DRaaS, Powered by VMware Cloud Director Availability
- Telefonica: Enabling DRaaS with VMware Cloud Director Availability for Cloud-to-Cloud DR
- Digital West: Offering Cloud to Cloud DR with VMware Cloud Director Availability
Download and Documentation
- VMware Cloud Director Availability Solution overview
- VMware Cloud Director Availability Data Sheet
- What’s new with VMware Cloud Director Availability
- Cloud Director Availability RPO troubleshooting
- Latest Migration Whitepaper
- VMware Cloud Director Availability FAQ
- VMware Cloud Director Availability Datasheet
- Premise (Tenants) Download
- Latest Provider Download
- On-Premise Operation Guide 4.5 doc
- On-Premise Operation Guide 4.5 pdf
- On-Premise Operation Guide 4.5 multi-language pdf and doc
- On Premise Operations Guide Doc (pre 4.4)
- On Premise Operations Guide Html (pre 4.4)
- On Premise Operations Guide PDF (pre 4.4)
- VMware Cloud Director Availability Configuration with Multiple NICs
- 4.2 Migration to CDs Whitepaper
- Architecting VMware Cloud Director Availability Solution
- Vmware Cloud Director Availability Content pack for VMware Aria Log Insight
- VMware Aria Operations Management pack for Cloud Director Availability
- Cloud Director Availability Storage Calc
- API Reference
- Upgrading VMware Cloud Director Availability - Provider Guide
- Upgrading VMware Cloud Director Availability - Tenant Guide
Aria Monitoring and Management
Datasheet, Lightboards and Demos
- Layer 2 migration from on-premises to VMware Cloud Director
- Migrations to VMware Cloud on AWS Cloud Director service
- VMware Cloud Director Availability and Usage Meter Automatic Metering and Reporting
- VMware Cloud Director Availability - Usage Meter 4.2 Integration
- Cloud Migration made easy with Cloud Director Availability
- Cloud Director Availability overview and tutorial videos
- Migrating Legacy and non-vSphere Workloads to VMware Cloud Director
Disaster Recovery as a Service
Struggling to find time to market and sell your disaster recovery solution? This disaster recovery as a service kit can help you share the true value of business continuity with your customers. With educational, monetization, and customizable materials to use throughout the sales process, you’ll be in a better position to close more deals and grow your disaster recovery business.
Migration is a subset of the DRaaS functionality available from VMware. This self-service, cold or warm migration offering is very appealing to customers who want to drive a simple migration to your cloud. Please use this kit in conjunction with the Disaster Recovery kit, they are separated due to size of video files contained within.
Disaster Recovery as a Service Technology Validation
If you are a Cloud Provider using VMware Cloud Director Availability™ to offer a commercially available disaster recovery service, your organization is now eligible to apply to be a VMware disaster recovery as a service (DRaaS) validated partner.
Connect with your local validated VMware DRaaS providers
Find a perfect provider and protect your workloads with VMware Cloud Director Availability, VMware's native DRaaS solution.