Enable business agility by accelerating application development and streamlining the delivery of underlying infrastructure.
- Rapidly set up Pivotal CF on vCloud Air with just a few clicks from the vCloud Air catalog, or on vSphere with a wizard-like rapid installer.
- Enable continuous update/upgrade with minimal production downtime.
- Utilize a developer console that:
- Enables management of users, teams and services.
- Provides self-service ability for developers to manage and scale applications up to hundreds of instances in seconds.
- Develop and expose new provider services in the Pivotal CF catalog using a streamlined Service Broker API.
Build and run applications using a PaaS that supports the flexibility of on-premise, public cloud, and hybrid cloud deployment.
- Run Pivotal CF on-premise on vSphere or in the cloud on vCloud Air / vCloud Director.
- Rapidly deploy applications in any Pivotal CF instance using the Pivotal CF command line interface or developer console.
- Design hybrid architectures and distribute applications or services based on workload requirements. For example:
- Based on application life cycle: Development & Test in the cloud; Production on premise (or vice versa)
- Based on enterprise requirements: Mission critical, tier 1 applications or applications with strong governance requirements on premise; tier 2 & 3 applications in the cloud
- Based on application scale requirements: applications with limited scale requirement on premise; applications that need large scale in the cloud
- Control resource management according to your organization’s policies.
Run an enterprise-ready PaaS powered by the virtualization platform that you already trust to run and manage your applications.
- Leverage vSphere’s HA/DRS features to enhance availability of Pivotal CF instances.
- Leverage Multiple Availability Zones for HA that builds redundancy into every app with each app automatically balanced across assigned availability zones*.
- Manage operations and govern usage of Pivotal CF instances, wherever they’re deployed, using VMware tools like vCloud Operations and vCloud Automation Center.
- Leverage built-in load balancing to scale applications up to hundreds of instances in seconds.
- Gain full application event visibility through log aggregation; built in health manager automatically restarts applications as required.
- Updated audit and usage dashboards that provide updated usage reports, app status, events and logs*.
- Provide a complete run-time environment through flexible buildpacks.
- Java, Ruby and Node.js buildpacks are included and supported by Pivotal
- New: Go, Python and PHP*
- Integrate with organizational security infrastructure to enable a Single Sign On experience for Pivotal CF.
- Define multiple networks to isolate infrastructure network from the application network*.
- Define security groups to gain fine-grained control over who/what apps access whitelisted targets*.
* Available for Pivotal CF on vSphere, with availability on vCloud Air to follow subsequently.