For customers who are currently looking at Secure Access as a remote access solution, VMware can provide two options:
- VMware SD-Access is a replacement solution for customers who are looking for a remote access solution for remote workers that is based on the principles of ZTNA.
- VMware Workspace ONE Tunnel is part of the Workspace ONE portfolio for endpoint security and zero trust access.
For existing VMware Secure Access customers, VMware is providing three options:
- If a customer chooses to continue with Secure Access, there is no immediate action required at this time. VMware will continue to provide Secure Access service and support throughout the duration of your subscription term. Customers can expand their deployment as long as this is purchased on or before January 31, 2024. Customers can also migrate to SD-Access during their subscription term. More detail about how this works is provide in option 3 below.
- If a customer wants to continue to use the Workspace ONE Tunnel solution that powers Secure Access, they have the option to migrate from Secure Access to a customer-hosted Unified Access Gateway (UAG). The Tunnel solution, including both the client application and the Unified Access Gateway, is available via Workspace ONE licensing.
- If the customer chooses to migrate existing Secure Access deployment to SD-Access, existing entitlement for VMware Secure Access may be converted to VMware SD-Access for the remainder of the term at no additional cost. VMware SD-Access continues the integration of remote users into the SASE infrastructure.
For additional details regarding this end of availability and the available options listed above, please reach out to your VMware Account team or Sales Representative.