Today, the VMware End-User Computing team will take center stage at VMworld and showcase some of the exciting innovations they have been working on for the last 12 to 18 months. The team’s effort highlights the unique VMware approach to helping organizations transform business processes and transition from the client-server era to the mobile-cloud era.
Building on the momentum from the VMware Business Mobility launch earlier this summer, Sanjay Poonen, executive vice president and general manager of End-User Computing at VMware will spotlight the general session this morning. He will introduce four new innovations from the company, highlight real world customers, showcase VMware End-User Computing solutions in action, and bring on stage a surprise guest.
Watch the video below for a message from Sanjay.
As Sanjay mentioned in his video, VMware is helping customers securely deliver any app to any device, and the four new innovations announced this morning expand on the company’s Business Mobility strategy. In summary, the innovations include:
- Tech Preview of Project A2 – A new mobile-centric approach to delivering and managing Windows applications and devices using AirWatch EMM and VMware App Volumes application delivery technology to help customers accelerate to Windows 10.
- VMware Identity Manager Advanced Edition – A standalone identity as a service (IDaaS) solution that is available as a cloud service or on-premises offering for simplified access and identity management.
- Advancements in VMware Horizon 6.2 – Continued innovation in application and desktop delivery will offer several key advancements in VMware Horizon 6.2 including expanded support for applications at-scale for global deployments, an enriched user experience with support for Skype for Business and NVIDIA GRID™ vGPU™ (virtual graphics processing unit), new VMware vSAN storage optimizations, enhanced security capabilities and federal government readiness including FIPS 140-2 compliance. In addition, VMware Horizon 6.2 for Linux will offer expanded graphics support to offer a complete spectrum of 3D graphics delivery for any worker or any use case.
- Project Enzo Beta – Announced earlier this year, Project Enzo is a new hybrid cloud-scale architecture that is designed to combine the economic benefits of cloud-based VMware virtual desktops and application technology, with the simplicity of hyper-converged infrastructure to transform the IT experience. A beta program will be available to customers this quarter to experience this innovative solution.
For more on the VMware End-User Computing announcement this morning, read the blog posts below.
- Read more about VMware desktop and application innovations, and accelerating the upgrade to Windows 10 in a blog post by Sumit Dhawan, senior vice president and general manager of Desktop Products, End-User Computing, VMware
- For more information on Windows 10 support in the VMware End-User Computing product portfolio, read the blog post by Erik Frieberg, vice president, marketing, End-User Computing, VMware
- For more information on the VMware Business Mobility Report, read a blog post by Mike Hulme, senior director, marketing, End-User Computing, VMware