An identifier that is derived from configuration names for the device
associated with the metric. It identifies the instance of
the metric with its source. This property may be empty.
- For memory and aggregated statistics, this property
- For host and virtual machine devices, this property contains the name
of the device, such as the name of the host-bus adapter or the name
of the virtual Ethernet adapter. For example,
- For a CPU, this property identifies the numeric position within
the CPU core, such as 0, 1, 2, 3.
- For a virtual disk, this property identifies the file type:
- DISKFILE, for virtual machine base-disk files
for virtual machine swap files
- DELTAFILE, for virtual machine
snapshot overhead files
- OTHERFILE, for all other files of a