VMware ESX Server vmxnet Driver Update for Windows NT
This update for ESX Server 2.0.1, 2.1.2, 2.5.1, and 2.5.2 includes the following patch:
Precompiled tools library /usr/lib/vmware/isoimages/windows.iso.
Note: This update fixes network connectivity issue with vmxnet network adapter in Windows NT 4.0 guest operating system. For more information please refer to KB article 1854.
Installing the Update
- Log in as root into the ESX Server service console.
- Download the update, esx16515update.tar.gz, into a temporary directory, for example /tmp, on your ESX service console.
- Change directories to /tmp:
- Verify the integrity of the package:
The output should be:
- Extract the compressed tar archive:
tar -xvzf esx16515update.tar.gz
- Change directories to the newly created directory, esx16515update.
- Backup the old Windows tools library:
- Copy the new Windows tools library:
cp windows.iso /usr/lib/vmware/isoimages/
- The ISO image for the tools is now updated.
- Reload the Windows tools in your Windows NT 4.0 guest operating systems for the change to take affect.