VMware ESX Server 2.0.0 Driver Update for IBM Director
This driver update is required for running IBM Director on VMware ESX
Server 2.0.0. It updates the ServeRAID (ips) driver and VMware vmnixmod
driver shipped with ESX-2.0.0 build-5257.
This driver update works only on ESX-2.0.0 build-5257, the GA
release for ESX Server 2.0.0. Be sure this build is installed before
applying the patch.
Installing the IBM driver update
- Log in as root into the ESX Server 2.0.0 service console.
- Download the driver update, ibm-update-5257.tar.gz, into a temporary
directory, for example /tmp, on your ESX service console.
- Change directories to /tmp:
- Verify the integrity of the package:
The output should be:
- Extract the compressed tar archive:
tar -xvzf ibm-update-5257.tar.gz
- Change directories to the newly created directory, ibm-update.
- Run the driver installer.
- The drivers are now updated. Reboot your ESX Server machine for
the update to take effect.