VMware ESX Server 2.0.1 vmxnet Driver Update for Red Hat Linux Advanced Server 3.0 Guest Operating Systems
This patch includes a new driver update to add vmxnet support for Red Hat Linux Advanced Server 3.0.
This update includes the following patch:
VMware ESX Server 2.0.1 precompiled tools library
update works only on ESX Server 2.0.1 build 6403 (the GA release).
Please make sure that this build is installed before applying the patch.
Installing the Update
- Log in as root into the ESX Server 2.0.1 service console.
- Download the update, esx6432update.tar.gz, into a temporary
directory, for example /tmp, on your ESX service console.
- Change directories to /tmp:
- Verify the integrity of the package:
The output should be:
- Extract the compressed tar archive:
tar -xvzf esx6432update.tar.gz
- Change directories to the newly created directory, esx6432update.
- Run the installer:
- The ISO image for the tools is now updated.
- Reload the Linux tools in your Red Hat Linux Advanced Server 3.0 guest operating systems for the change to