VMware ESX Server 2.0.1 Update for Virtual File Clustering Across Physical Machines
This driver update is
required for clustering support when using MSCS
clustering with virtual files across multiple
physical servers. It updates the vmware-vmx
Note: This driver update works only on ESX-2.0.1
build-6403, the GA release for ESX Server 2.0.1. Be
sure this build is installed before applying the patch.
Installing the Update
- Log in as root into the ESX Server 2.0.1 service console.
- Download the update , esx201_patch_6407.tar.gz, into a temporary
directory, for example /tmp, on your ESX service console.
- Change directories to /tmp:
- Verify the integrity of the package:
The output should be:
- Extract the compressed tar archive:
tar -xvzf esx201_patch_6407.tar.gz
- Change directories to the newly created directory,
- Run the driver installer.
- The drivers are now updated. Reboot your ESX Server machine for the
update to take effect.
- Due to a limitation in the installer script, you need to
do two manual steps before the installation is complete:
chmod 4555 /usr/lib/vmware/bin/vmware-vmx
chmod 4555 /usr/lib/vmware/bin-debug/vmware-vmx
Failure to do these steps prevents you from executing virtual
machines or the remote console if you are not logged in as the