VMware Fusion 7.0.1 and VMware Fusion 7.0.1 Professional Release Notes
VMware Fusion 7.0.1 | 28 October 2014
These release notes cover the following topics:
VMware Fusion 7.0.1 is a maintenance release that resolves some known issues. It is a free upgrade for all VMware Fusion 7 users.
Top of Page
Prior Release of VMware Fusion 7
Features from prior releases of VMware Fusion are described in the release notes for each release, along with existing known issues. In addition, the release notes contain information on system requirements and installation. To view release notes for prior releases of VMware Fusion 7, click the following link:
VMware Fusion 7.0.1 is a minor upgrade recommended for all users of VMware Fusion. This release includes the following improvements and resolved issues.
- Fixed many minor UI issues.
- Fixed an issue where renaming a top level share name in some Linux guests could cause a guest reboot.
- Fixed issues with Japanese language help content.
- Fixed an issue in Unity where a minimized Windows 8 "Metro-style" application would unminimize when the virtual machine entered Unity mode.
- Fixed a problem where the virtual CD/DVD would disable when connecting a local disk image to a remote virtual machine.
- Fixed an issue where entering Unity would initially show blank windows.
- Fixed a crash when quitting VMware Fusion after copying a large file to the clipboard inside a virtual machine.
- Fixed an issue where the maximum memory value in the Processors & Memory settings panel was incorrectly showing a value that was not an even multiple of 4MB.
- Added error UI when removing a virtual disk from a remote virtual machine fails.
- Removed a black flicker when switching to a full screen virtual machine.
- Fixed an issue where the Keychain UI would reappear after the user had already allowed access.
- Added progress UI when downloading McAfee antivirus.
- Fixed issues of windows flashing and moving when entering Unity mode.
- Fixed a crash that would occur when copying a file with a very long name to a shared folder.
- Fixed a crash triggered when opening a .dmg file residing in a shared folder in an OS X virtual machine when the .dmg is already in use outside the virtual machine.
- Removed logging that would emit an extraneous statement every two seconds whenever a virtual machine ran in Unity mode.
- Fixed problems with symbolic links created in shared folders.
- Fixed an issue where Unity windows would display incorrectly in Expose when running Fusion on Yosemite.
- Fixed an issue where Fusion 6 customers were not able to use the trial version of Fusion 7.
- Fixed a rare crash which would occur when connecting to an ESXi server on certain network configurations.
- Fixed a rare issue where shared in a shared folder could be incorrectly truncated.
- Fixed a crash when attempting to expand a virtual disk connected to a remote virtual machine.
- Fixed a number of keyboard mapping issues for non-English keyboards.
- Added support to mount_vmhgfs command-line utility to enable placing the mount at a specified share or folder.
- Fixed a flickering issue with Microsoft Office 2013 windows when running in Unity mode.
- Fixed a build problem when installing tools in virtual machines running Fedora 21 Alpha.
- Updated to a newer version of McAfee antivirus.
- Fixed a rare issue where dragging and dropping files from a virtual machine could fail.
- Fixed an issue where file sizes in a shared folder would be reported incorrectly.
- Fixed some rare cases with incorrect rendering in 3D.
- Fixed a display flash that could be seen 2-3 seconds after entering Unity mode.
- Language specific keyboard mappings are enabled by default for Windows virtual machines.
The following issues might occur in VMware Fusion 7.0.