VMware Fusion 6.0.2 and VMware Fusion 6.0.2 Professional Release Notes
VMware Fusion 6.0.2 | 05 NOVEMBER 2013 | Build 1398658
These release notes cover the following topics:
What's New in VMware Fusion 6.0.2
VMware Fusion 6.0.2 is a maintenance release that resolves some known issues. It is a free upgrade for all VMware Fusion 6 users.
Prior Release of VMware Fusion 6
Features from prior releases of VMware Fusion are described in the release notes for each release, along with existing known issues. In addition, the release notes contain information on system requirements and installation. To view release notes for prior releases of VMware Fusion 6, click the following link:
VMware Fusion 6.0.2 is a minor upgrade recommended for all users of VMware Fusion. This release includes the following improvements and resolved issues.
- Resolved an issue that causes virtual machines to fail to power on due to insufficient memory.
- Easy Install support for final versions of Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2.
- Improved performance when opening VMware Fusion.
- Resolved an issue that caused the HGFS kernel module to fail to build on certain versions of Linux.
- Improved support for OS X Mavericks:
- Finder tags.
- Improved drag-and-drop to OS X guests.
- Improved menu-bar handling.
- Improving handling of multiple displays in Unity mode.
- Improved support for Recovery Partition with a OS X Mavericks guest.
- Fixed an issue with boot device selection with a OS X guest.
- Improved handling of virtual machine window restoration after a restart.
- Improved the "Migrate a PC" feature to be more compatible with Mavericks file sharing.
- Improved detection of Parallels Desktop 8 when importing virtual machines.
- Improved message when no boot device is found.
- Prevent disk layout changes on an encrypted virtual machine.
- Fixed an issue that prevented auto-start virtual machine from powering on.
- FileVault can be activated in a Mac OS guest installed on a SATA virtual disk.
- Resolved the issue where a virtual machine ceases to function (hang) while powering off, particularly if the guest OS was in the middle of a BSOD or kernel panic.
- Resolved an issue building the shared folders kernel module on Ubuntu 13.10.
Top of Page
Known issues from prior releases of VMware Fusion 6 also might apply to VMware Fusion 6.0.2.
Top of Page