VMware Fusion 6.0.3 and VMware Fusion 6.0.3 Professional Release Notes
VMware Fusion 6.0.3 | 17 April 2014 | Build 1747349
These release notes cover the following topics:
What's New in VMware Fusion 6.0.3
VMware Fusion 6.0.3 is a maintenance release that resolves some known issues. It is a free upgrade for all VMware Fusion 6 users.
Prior Release of VMware Fusion 6
Features from prior releases of VMware Fusion are described in the release notes for each release, along with existing known issues. In addition, the release notes contain information on system requirements and installation. To view release notes for prior releases of VMware Fusion 6, click the following links:
VMware Fusion 6.0.3 is a minor upgrade recommended for all users of VMware Fusion. This release includes the following improvements and resolved issues.
Connecting USB devices while Fusion is running will not cause the Connect to Mac prompt to appear. USB devices are now able to connect to a virtual machine.
- Performance and compatibility with USB audio and video devices has been improved.
Virtual machine crashes when the Mac comes out of sleep mode have been reduced.
Locking the system, and then returning to the Mac OS X 10.9 desktop while the virtual machine is running, no longer causes a black screen to be displayed.
- Resolved an issue that could cause the default web browser to be reset in a Windows 8 virtual machine.
- Resizing a Windows XP virtual machine window no longer causes the window to turn black.
- Virtual machines in full screen mode no longer display a black bar at the top of the screen.
- Winlogon.exe now works correctly when using Windows XP in a Boot Camp partition.
Single mouse clicks are interpreted as double-clicks when running Windows XP virtual machines on OS X Mavericks.
- Virtual machines no longer show a black screen when using Apple TV as an external display.
VMware Fusion no longer stalls when using a restricted virtual machine without a network connection.
- Improved the ability to use two monitors with the same virtual machine.
- Virtual machines can be started and shutdown from the VMware Fusion menu when VMware Fusion is not open.
Compatibility issues between shared folders and QuickTime for Windows have been resolved.
- The graphics for Solidworks and JavaFX applications have been improved.
VMware Fusion has been updated to resolve the Heartbleed issue described here. The Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures project (cve.mitre.org) has assigned the name CVE-2014-0160 to this issue.
Top of Page
Known issues from prior releases of VMware Fusion 6 also might apply to VMware Fusion 6.0.3.
Top of Page