VMware Fusion 6.0.5 and VMware Fusion 6.0.5 Professional Release Notes
VMware Fusion 6.0.5 | 16 October 2014
These release notes cover the following topics:
What's New in VMware Fusion 6.0.5
VMware Fusion 6.0.5 is a maintenance release that resolves some known issues. It is a free upgrade for all VMware Fusion 6 users.
Prior Release of VMware Fusion 6
Features from prior releases of VMware Fusion are described in the release notes for each release, along with existing known issues. In addition, the release notes contain information on system requirements and installation. To view release notes for prior releases of VMware Fusion 6, click the following links:
VMware Fusion 6.0.5 is a minor upgrade recommended for all users of VMware Fusion. This release includes the following improvements and resolved issues.
- Issues with Fusion Help functionality for non-English languages have been resolved.
- Compatibility has been improved between Mac OS X Server 10.5 and 10.6 virtual machines and newer Macs running Haswell CPUs.
- Virtual keyboard and mouse input is allowed for restricted Mac OS X virtual machines when restriction settings do not allow connecting other USB devices.
- Resolved an issue where a working Boot Camp partition would fail to start up as a Boot Camp virtual machine.
- Resolved an issue that created a rare crash seen when creating a new virtual machine in Fusion 6.0 after using Fusion 7.0.
- Resolved an issue that caused the installation of Fusion 6.0.5 to fail when using a .dmg file.
Fusion 6.0.5 accepts Fusion 7.0 license keys.
- Fusion no longer quits and ceases to function if there are unsaved changes on the Network Preferences page.
- Resolved an issue that caused the installation of Fusion 6.0.5 to fail when a mass deployed packaged configured with a Fusion 7.0 license key was used.
Top of Page
Connecting a USB 3 device to a USB 3 hub while Fusion is running might not show the device to either the Mac or the virtual machine.
Workaround: To avoid this, plug the device directly into the Mac.
Top of Page