Hybrid Cloud Release Notes
|vCloud Connector 1.5 | 16 NOV 2011 | Build 515166 |
|vcloud.vmware.com | 16 NOV 2011 |
What's in the Release Notes
The release notes cover the following topics:
- Node-based architecture for vCloud Connector
Significantly improves the reliability of VM transfers between clouds
Makes vCloud Connector UI available from the browser
Allows you share your vCloud Connector with others
- New browser-based management interface for both vCC Server and vCC Nodes
Simplifies configuration, management and upgrades
- Search function
Finds specific VMs, vApps, and templates by name in large clouds
- Copy and Deploy dialogs separated
Gives you more fine-tuned control
- Support for public and private vSphere 5.0 and vCloud Director 1.5 clouds
Added to support for vSphere 4.0 and 4.1 and vCloud Director 1.0 and 1.0.1
- i18n Level 1 Support
For international users
- vCloud Connector Server no longer needs temporary storage
vCloud Connector Nodes do need temporary storage
- Internet Explorer 7 and up
- Firefox 3 and up
- vSphere 4.0, 4.1, and 5.0
- vCloud Director 1.0, 1.0.1, and 1.5
Documentation for Hybrid Cloud and vCloud Connector 1.5
Hybrid Cloud Known Issues
Proxies that require username/password are not supported.
- Because components in vCloud Connector may need to communicate across firewalls, proxy use may be necessary. In this release, however, proxies that require username/password authentication are not supported.
Power state of child virtual machines is not correctly displayed after changing state of vApp
- If you change the power state of a vApp (for example, power off), the state of any child virtual machines will not display correctly in the UI.
Refresh the screen.
Workloads and templates count is not updated after delete operation
- If you delete a workload or a template, the count displayed in the respective tab is not updated.
Refresh the screen.
Entities copied or deployed on vCloud Director are not correctly displayed
- After a copy to vCloud Director or a deployment on vCloud Director, the entity may not show up immediately in the vCloud Connector UI.
Refresh the cloud by clicking on it in the left hand tree view.
"Stop running this script?" dialog box appears during loading if your cloud has a large number of virtual machines.
- On opening or adding a cloud when using IE or the vSphere Client plug-in, you may get a "Stop running this script?" dialog box.
Click No each time it occurs. Do not click on another cloud until at least the first screen of the large cloud loads.
Power on after deployment option does not work.
- If you add a vSphere-based cloud that uses vCenter Client version 40u3 to your vCloud Connector and attempt to deploy a template from that cloud, the "Power on after deployment" checkbox will not actually automatically power on the VM.
Power on the VM manually.
The Register Nodes dialog box stays visible after registration is complete when using Internet Explorer.
- You register a node by using a pop-up dialog box that should go away when the registration process is completed. In IE the dialog box does not always clear itself even though the process has completed successfully.
Cannot copy content from a vCD 1.5 cloud to a vCD 1.0 cloud
- Attempting to copy a template or workload from a vCD 1.5 cloud to a vCD 1.0 cloud fails. VMs or vApps created on vCD 1.5 have metadata attached to them that cannot be read by a vCD 1.0 instance.
Cannot copy VM or vApp from HW 8 vSphere or vCD to a HW 7 or lower vSphere or vCD.
- Attempting to copy from a HW 8-based system to a HW 7-based system fails. See the vSphere/vCD support matrix.
Question mark help links from vCC UI link to out of date help.
- If you click the question mark help link from the vCC UI, you either arrive at a beta site or a broken link.
The correct help URL is http://pubs.vmware.com/hybridcloud/index.jsp