VMware Player 6.0.5 Release Notes
VMware Player 6.0.5 | 27 January 2015
These release notes include the following topics.
Prior Releases of Player
Known problems from prior releases of VMware Player are described in the release notes for each release. To view release notes for the prior releases of VMware Player, see the following links.
- At power-on, a virtual machine hangs and a .dmp file is created.
- The VideoReDo application does not display the video properly and parts of the application's screen are scrambled.
- Copying and pasting a large file from host to guest may fail.
- Memory leak in the HGFS server causes VMware Tools to crash randomly with the error: Exception 0xc0000005 (access violation) has occurred.
- New VMs have the same location UUID and MAC address so that the UUID and MAC address are not unique. This problem occurs with WS 9 and WS 10 VMs but not WS 7 and WS 8 VMs.
- On RHEL 6.6, vmmon cannot be loaded due to incompatible kernel symbol versions. With gcc, kernel-headers, kernel-devel installed, vmmon module will be recompiled automatically.
- Memory leak by the process vmtoolsd.exe when the guest NIC is disabled causes memory consumption by Workstation processes to increase over time.
- When USB devices are autoconnected with a hub to a Renesas host controller, the devices are not redirected to the guest.
- WS 11 license is accepted by WS 10.0.5 and future 10.0 updates.
- When WS is installed on Linux in a non-default location, the Virtual Network Editor fails to run.