About SRM 4.0.1
SRM 4.0.1 is a patch release that corrects several problems in SRM 4.0.
Note: Although this release is distributed and supported as SRM 4.0.1, the installation file name and
other places where the installation reports version information still refer to the release as SRM 4.0.0.
Summary of Fixes
This patch corrects the following problems:
- Test recovery times have been improved for ESX 4.0.1 hosts that use iSCSI arrays.
- a problem that could cause a recovery plan to hang while powering-off virtual machines at the protected site if the virtual machine's storage goes offline while the plan is running
- Customization is now supported for virtual machines running Windows 7 and Windows 2008 R2.
- a problem that could prevent IP customization from updating the /etc/hosts file on a protected virtual machine running Linux
- a problem that could cause intermittent site disconnections when there was a firewall between the sites that was configured to close connections due to inactivity
- a problem that could cause test and recovery
networks to be swapped in a recovery plan after the SRM service was
- a problem that could cause datastore group
calculation to fail with a "Not initialized" exception when
encountering a virtual machine with an RDM device for which the
lunUuid is not set
- a problem that could cause a recovered virtual machine to be deleted if an administrator manually removed it from a protection group while a recovery plan was being run
- a problem that could cause the SRM Installer to fail to update vCenter credentials when running in Repair mode
- a problem that caused the Perl installation
created by SRM to be incompatible with some Perl packages. This fix
eliminates the need to create the temporary Perl installation
mentioned in VMware Knowledge Base article 1014232.
- a problem that could cause the SRM Service to hang when a Configure All operation configured more than 300 virtual machines
- a problem that could cause recovery plan failures with hardware iSCSI HBAs connected to Clarriion arrays
Applying the Patch
To apply this patch, install it on an SRM 4.0 server,
then update each Virtual Infrastructure client that is using the
SRM 4.0 client plug-in.
- Download the patch and save it on a
volume that is accessible to all of your SRM 4.0 server
hosts. The patch file name is VMware-srm-4.0.0-236215.exe..
- To apply the patch to an SRM server
host, log in to the host as a member of the Administrators
- Run the patch file. The patch installation stops the SRM service,
installs the updated files, and restarts the SRM service.
- Update the SRM plug-ins on client
hosts. For each host whose Virtual Infrastructure client has
downloaded, installed, and enabled the SRM 4.0
- Use the Windows Add or Remove
Programs tool to uninstall the
VMware Site Recovery Manager plug-in
- Connect to the SRM server that you patched in Step
- Follow the procedure in Chapter 2 of the
Administration Guide to install and enable the new
Removing the Patch
To remove this patch:
- Use the Windows Add or Remove Programs tool to uninstall VMware
vCenter Site Recovery Manager
- Install VMware vCenter Site Recovery Manager 4.0, as
described in Chapter 2 of the Administration