Fair Value Conversion Program
Program Terms & Conditions
- Conversion must include at least one vSphere license AND at least one Management product (see Fair Value Conversion Eligibility Matrix).
- The conversion value will equal to approximately 90% of the current license list price
- An active SnS contract is required for all products used for the conversion
- Conversion Value can be up to 100% of the total Current License List Price of “To” product.
- The number of vSphere (per processor) licenses must equal the number of vCloud Suite (per processor) licenses purchased as part of the conversion.
- A single conversion can include only one vCloud Suite Edition (“To” product). Upgrading to multiple vCloud Suite Editions can still be accommodated by performing multiple conversions. A single conversion can include multiple vSphere or Management product editions (“From” products). A minimum two (2) month SnS contract must be purchased as part of conversion. Customers with contractual agreements with VMware may be exempt from this requirement. All product SKUs used for conversion must have the same category (i.e., Commercial, U.S. Federal, Academic) as the “To” product purchased as part of the conversion. The conversion and purchase must be simultaneous. A conversion cannot be used for a credit towards a future purchase.
- The existing licenses used for the conversion will be inactivated. They will no longer appear on the My VMware license portal and can no longer be used.