vCloud Air Data Protection Release Notes
|Data Protection Service | 2 SEPT 2014|
What's in the Release Notes
The release notes cover the following topics for Data Prottection Service in vCloud Air (formerly known as vCloud Hybrid Service):
- Supported Browsers
- Data Protection Service Known Issues
- Internet Explorer 8 and later
- Firefox 3.6 and later
- Safari 4 and later
- Chrome 10 and later
Data Protection Service Known Issues
The Purchase Data Protection page appears when you click the Data Protection tab
The first time you click the Data Protection tab after subscribing to the Data Protection service, the Purchase Data Protection page appears briefly.
Wait for the browser page to refresh and display the Data Protection page, which includes VCDs protected, vAPPs protected, Storage used, and Deleted vAPPs.
Deleted vApp count is not updated in the Data Protection tab
Steps to reproduce:
- Log into vCloud Air and click the Virtual Machines tab.
- Select a virtual machine by clicking the virtual machine name link. The Settings tab appears.
- Click Manage VM in vCloud Director in the right pane. The vCloud Director vApp information appears.
- Using vCloud Director, delete the vApp. See the vCloud Director Help for information about deleting vApps.
- Return to the vCloud Air console and click the Data Protection tab.
The number of deleted vApps is not updated to show the recently deleted vApp.
Refresh the browser page to update the number of deleted vApps.
After configuring a backup policy or removing a backup policy, the Data Protection tab might not display a notification messasge
A notification message indicating that the Data Protection service successfully provisioned or deprovisioned backup policies for a virtual data center or a virtual machine does not automatically appear in the console UI.
Refresh the browser page to display the notification.
Enabling a default backup policy for a virtual data center might fail
When you enable a new default backup policy for a virtual data center, the operation might fail.
After the notifcation message appears stating that enabling the default policy for the virtual data center was unsuccessful, return to the VDCs Protected page and enable the default backup policy a second time. The operation will succeed.
The number for the restore points does not automatically update when the restore points dialog box remains open
After a scheduled backup occurs, the number of restore points does not automatically update when the restore points dialog box is left displayed.
Close and reopen the restore points dialog box or refresh the browser page.
Running an ad hoc backup for a virtual machine might fail
When a backup policy is configured at the vApp level (Self Service mode), running an ad hoc backup for a virtual machine might fail. This issue is infrequent and intermittent.
- Change the backup policy to apply by default at the virtual data center level. See "Enable Data Protection for a Virtual Data Center" in the vCloud Air Data Protection
- Enable the backup policy at the vApp level. See Add a Backup Policy for a vApp in the vCloud Air User's Guide.
- Rerun the ad hoc backup for the virtual machine.
A backup policy set for a virtual data center or a virtual machine might fail the first time it runs
When a backup policy for a virtual data center or a virtual machine is configured to have a one day retention period, the scheduled backup might fail the first time that the backup runs. The backup will succeed the second time the scheduled backup runs.
Wait for the scheduled backup to run the second day or run an ad hoc backup. See Run a Manual Backup in the vCloud Air User's Guide.